Coronavirus Outbreak

Things that are not part of politics happening presently and how we approach or address it as Anabaptists.
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Coronavirus Outbreak

Post by Soloist »

Valerie wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:33 am
Dan Z wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:54 pm
Soloist wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:27 pm I'm sad for the apathy of the Christians on abortion.
Me too - but I don’t understand what you are implying here? Are you trumping my concerns for the children who’ve lost caregivers to COVID? If so - why?
Yesterday on Christian radio they said there's been over 65 million abortions in the United States alone. I think maybe the implication is many in the church have lost their zeal regarding the unborn compared to their zeal at getting people vaccinated lest they lose a caretaker ( is that a new word for a parent?). I see where he's coming from and without getting into the fact that there is much to do to prevent covid or treat it that has been downplayed censored and ignored all of the blame seems to go on people that don't get vaccinated instead of pointing out there are other means of keeping both parents alive besides a vaccination. What is really troubling to me is how difficult it is for the public to know all the adverse effects and deaths that resulted from vaccines so if there are other ways and treatments and preventatives this should be brought out more often since clearly since many in the medical field will not even get the vaccine it should give you pause to think. Regarding racism they always want to play the racist card without giving the details as to why this is the case.

Yesterday in Akron Ohio there was a protest among those in the medical field at akron's children hospital that refused to take the vaccine and will lose their jobs. They were denied the exemption of having medical and or religious reasons for not wanting the vaccine. They felt strongly enough about it there was a protest in the bitter cold yesterday and they are willing to lose their jobs.
and meanwhile hospitals in California are having vaccinated sick workers come to work.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Soloist wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:47 am
Valerie wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:33 am
Dan Z wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:54 pm

Me too - but I don’t understand what you are implying here? Are you trumping my concerns for the children who’ve lost caregivers to COVID? If so - why?
Yesterday on Christian radio they said there's been over 65 million abortions in the United States alone. I think maybe the implication is many in the church have lost their zeal regarding the unborn compared to their zeal at getting people vaccinated lest they lose a caretaker ( is that a new word for a parent?). I see where he's coming from and without getting into the fact that there is much to do to prevent covid or treat it that has been downplayed censored and ignored all of the blame seems to go on people that don't get vaccinated instead of pointing out there are other means of keeping both parents alive besides a vaccination. What is really troubling to me is how difficult it is for the public to know all the adverse effects and deaths that resulted from vaccines so if there are other ways and treatments and preventatives this should be brought out more often since clearly since many in the medical field will not even get the vaccine it should give you pause to think. Regarding racism they always want to play the racist card without giving the details as to why this is the case.

Yesterday in Akron Ohio there was a protest among those in the medical field at akron's children hospital that refused to take the vaccine and will lose their jobs. They were denied the exemption of having medical and or religious reasons for not wanting the vaccine. They felt strongly enough about it there was a protest in the bitter cold yesterday and they are willing to lose their jobs.
and meanwhile hospitals in California are having vaccinated sick workers come to work.
Yes, I just read that. What would anyone with any common Sense conclude from that?
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Cases still skyrocketing while deaths remain relatively stable.

0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

mike wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:42 am Cases still skyrocketing while deaths remain relatively stable.
Seems our household matches that data. We all got Omicron. We all were vaccinated. We all are getting over it.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

https://thefederalist.com/2022/01/10/me ... nt-notice/
1. The ‘Vaccine’ Doesn’t Prevent Transmission
2. COVID Disproportionately Affects the Vulnerable
In a “Good Morning America” appearance, Walensky admitted that “the overwhelming number of deaths, over 75 percent, occurred in people who had at least four comorbidities.” That’s what we’ve been saying all along: that response efforts should focus on protecting vulnerable populations (i.e., not sending COVID-positive patients into nursing homes) and maintaining normal activities for populations that are at low risk (i.e., not shutting down schools for semesters on end).
3. Deaths from and with COVID Aren’t the Same Thing
“How many of the 836,000 deaths in the U.S. linked to COVID are from COVID or how many are with COVID?” Fox News’s Bret Baier asked Walensky on Sunday. “Those data will be forthcoming,” Walensky promised, acknowledging the distinction Baier pointed out.
In Washington state, for example, a May 2020 report found that the state’s health department was “overreporting COVID-19 cases by up to 13 percent by counting anyone who ‘tests positive for COVID-19 and subsequently dies’ as a coronavirus death.” A subsequent investigation found that Washington health officials appeared to be doing it again in December of the same year.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Falco Underhill
Affiliation: Hermit

Post by Falco Underhill »

Robert wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:54 am https://thefederalist.com/2022/01/10/me ... nt-notice/

In a “Good Morning America” appearance, Walensky admitted that “the overwhelming number of deaths, over 75 percent, occurred in people who had at least four comorbidities.” That’s what we’ve been saying all along: that response efforts should focus on protecting vulnerable populations (i.e., not sending COVID-positive patients into nursing homes) and maintaining normal activities for populations that are at low risk (i.e., not shutting down schools for semesters on end).
That makes sense to me, but then how dare we non-professionals have an opinion?
0 x
violet
Affiliation:

Post by violet »

I read that too Soloist.

I will refrain from sharing my feelings on this...ridiculous.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Falco Underhill wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:09 am
Robert wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:54 am https://thefederalist.com/2022/01/10/me ... nt-notice/

That makes sense to me, but then how dare we non-professionals have an opinion?
This is a good example of how misinformation gets generated. Not you and Robert, you are just quoting the Federalist article. But the Federalist article by Elle Reynolds relies on Clay Travis' tweet that deliberate misquotes CDC Director Walensky's statement. She does not say that 75% of all Covid deaths occurred in people with at least four comorbidities. What she was actually doing is talking about a new study which showed that 75% of all Covid deaths among the VACCINATED occurred among people with at least four co-morbidities. Which is an entirely different thing. She was making the point that the vaccines are highly protective against Covid death and that the large majority of breakthrough Covid deaths among the vaccinated are among people with at least four co-morbidities. However the Covid death rates for unvaccinated are entirely different.

Here is a response showing the unedited clip. I'm sorry if some of you can't see twitter posts here. I don't know how to link to a video posted on twitter without going through twitter.

We can also get into a separate discussion about whether vaccines prevent transmission or reduce transmission. Clearly they do not PREVENT transmission, especially with omicron. But there is considerable evidence that they do REDUCE transmission by reducing symptomatic cases of Covid. And we recently had a discussion here about the extent to which asymptomatic Covid spread occurs vs symptomatic spread. Most of the scientific research into Covid spread looks at whether vaccines REDUCE Covid transmission, not whether they prevent it completely.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
nett
Affiliation: Midwest Fellowship

Post by nett »

Ken wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:27 pm
so racial and ethnic minorities are somewhat disproportionately impacted by Covid, but not exceedingly so. It isn't sparing anyone.
Yes, it only spares 99.4% of people.
0 x
nett
Affiliation: Midwest Fellowship

Post by nett »

I think the exhaustion among the vaccinated workers is now reaching critical levels. One of our close friends is a PRN ICU nurse. She got vaccinated despite her husband's reservations, because the temp contracts were so lucrative, some as high at $275 / hr.

They contracted COVID over Christmas, and got quite sick, without pay because she is PRN. Her husband who is unvaccinated got a very mild case.

She is now considering quitting altogether, because she's tired of "keeping people who alive for a few extra days, when they clearly need to die". She's a very kind caring person, and she enjoyed her ICU work prior to COVID, but is becoming very desensitized from all the death that she sees every day. They basically have no treatment protocol other than ventilators, and everyone knows that ventilators are a death sentence.
0 x