Peter Chelcicky - The Net Of Faith

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Peter Chelcicky - The Net Of Faith

Post by Heirbyadoption »

Are any of you familiar with this work, The Net Of Faith? Also, does anybody have access to, or reference to, a digital copy of it in Czech? Or whether there has been any further translation beyond the 1947 partial translation by Enrico Molnar?
0 x
Heirbyadoption

Re: Peter Chelcicky - The Net Of Faith

Post by Heirbyadoption »

Nobody?
0 x
Heirbyadoption

Post by Heirbyadoption »

One last attempt. Surely one of you fastidious historians or copious readers on here might bite.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Hello Heir
Knight will bite.

The wikipedia page on Peter Chelcicky has a link for Enrico C. S. Molnár’s thesis on the Internet Archive, which you probably already have.

Molnár’s bibliography has this item:

Smetánka, Emil, ed., Sít víry Petra Chelcického. Prague: Comenium, 1912. Also a revised new edition with enlarged introduction. Prague: Melantrich, 1929.

Are you familiar with Worldcat? I used the advanced search of Worldcat to search for the title Siet viery and found a digital edition.

The 1912 edition is available on Hatha Trust Digital Library. The 1929 version also appears there, but is limited search only.

https://catalog.hathitrust.org/api/volu ... 07807.html

The Czech reader : history, culture, politics, (Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2010) includes an excerpt from The Net of Faith. The notes show they took the excerpt from Molnár. I haven’t found a more recent reference to a translation of the entire work in English. It would be useful for you to check out this reader.

If you haven’t already, see also Petr Chelčický: A Radical Separatist in Hussite Bohemia by Massey L.Wagner (Scottsdale, Penn.: Herald Press, 1983).

Knight
Heir, just now, i found this in my messages for you. :)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN