Recommendation for a book

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
Pilgrim
Affiliation: Baptist

Recommendation for a book

Post by Pilgrim »

Does anyone have a recommendation on a book that deals with living according to the Sermon on the Mount. Has anyone read "Living Jesus" by Harris?

Ken
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: Recommendation for a book

Post by Valerie »

Pilgrim wrote:Does anyone have a recommendation on a book that deals with living according to the Sermon on the Mount. Has anyone read "Living Jesus" by Harris?

Ken
No replies?? Seems the Sermon on the Mount is brought up alot on MD, & MN, are there not publications that expound on it that he is seeking?
0 x
PetrChelcicky
Affiliation: none

Post by PetrChelcicky »

What's with Charles M. Sheldon "In his steps. What would Jesus do?"?
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Personally, I would start with the Bible itself: reading and memorizing the words of Christ then reflecting on how those words can form and inform my personal life. Then I would resolve to live it daily.

As an encouragement to persevere in that resolve I recommend John Coblentz's book The Upward Call - Studies in Christian Discipleship. You can order it at Milestone Books.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God