Jesus was born on April 1?

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
Coifi
Affiliation: Orthodox (OCA)

Re: Jesus was born on April 1?

Post by Coifi »

Lex wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:41 am The construction of the Tent of Meeting most likely began in the month of Elul. That is 8 months (with leap month) until the month of Nisan. As the Tent of Meeting represents the body of Jesus, this means that Jesus was conceived in Elul of the year 6 BCE and was born on Nisan 1, 5 BCE. 8 months is less than a normal pregnancy length, but Jesus was not a "normal" man either. But it could also be that we should not count from Elul but from Siwan, the month in which God filled Mount Sinai with his presence. This could be a reference to Mary's pregnancy by the Holy Spirit, because she was also filled with God's presence. Then there would be 11 months (with leap month) between Siwan and Nisan.
So the body of Jesus is just a tent in which the deity of Christ dwells?
0 x
"I publicly confess that this teaching clearly reveals truths that will afford us the blessings of life and I submit that the temples and altars that we have dedicated to no advantage be immediately desecrated and burned." [A.D. 627]
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Coifi wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:21 am
Lex wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:41 am The construction of the Tent of Meeting most likely began in the month of Elul. That is 8 months (with leap month) until the month of Nisan. As the Tent of Meeting represents the body of Jesus, this means that Jesus was conceived in Elul of the year 6 BCE and was born on Nisan 1, 5 BCE. 8 months is less than a normal pregnancy length, but Jesus was not a "normal" man either. But it could also be that we should not count from Elul but from Siwan, the month in which God filled Mount Sinai with his presence. This could be a reference to Mary's pregnancy by the Holy Spirit, because she was also filled with God's presence. Then there would be 11 months (with leap month) between Siwan and Nisan.
That sounds suspiciously like heresy.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Lex
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Lex »

Coifi wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:21 am
Jesus himself called his body a temple/tent in John 2:21. He is the true temple/tent of God, not the temple that Solomon and Zerubabbel built (Acts 7:47-50).

As I said, the Bible refutes the assumption that Jesus was born in December/January and no serious scholar believes this today except for a few radical Catholics. The Bible clearly says that Jesus was born on Nisan 1. Nisan 1 is an amazing day, because it is not only the day on which Jesus was born, it is also the New Year's Day.
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Lex wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:55 am As I said, the Bible refutes the assumption that Jesus was born in December/January and no serious scholar believes this today except for a few radical Catholics. The Bible clearly says that Jesus was born on Nisan 1. Nisan 1 is an amazing day, because it is not only the day on which Jesus was born, it is also the New Year's Day.
It may, but you are making a leap that the Bible does not say. Nowhere in the Bible does it clearly state the birth of Jesus. You can’t make it say what it doesn’t say. Otherwise you would post a Scriptural passage stating clearly “Jesus was born on Nisan 1”
(Sounds like a spaceship name)
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

The Bible does not say that Jesus was born on Nisan 1.
The Bible does not say that the shepherds were grazing their lambs on the Bethlehem hills when Jesus was born.
The Bible does not say that Jesus was born on a feast day.
The Bible does not say that Jesus was born in a month when there was any kind of religious feast.
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

It does however, say shepherds were in the fields with their flocks.
1 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Soloist wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:54 am It does however, say shepherds were in the fields with their flocks.
Correct. But Lex was trying to prove it was April 1st by saying the lambs were a year old at Passover.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Someone is smokin' dogfood. I never heard of any of this 8-)
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Soloist wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:54 am It does however, say shepherds were in the fields with their flocks.
My experience on the ground in Israel is that shepherds are in the fields with their flocks year round.
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Josh wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:18 pm
My experience on the ground in Israel is that shepherds are in the fields with their flocks year round.
I have wondered. I’ve heard it said so many times that Oregon’s climate was only slightly colder then Israel and we have sheep grazing mid winter.
Seems like one of the first things brought up to argue against December/January birth
0 x