The Apocrypha

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: The Apocrypha

Post by Soloist »

MaxPC wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:10 am Indeed. Nevertheless, Christians best do well to live their discipleship in the present; forgive the past; and carry the Gospel into the future.
Tell me, are Anabaptists who you admire so much considered heretical by the Catholics? And if so, are they your brothers? Are you a heretic too by accepting us?
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Soloist wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:18 am
MaxPC wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:10 am Indeed. Nevertheless, Christians best do well to live their discipleship in the present; forgive the past; and carry the Gospel into the future.
Tell me, are Anabaptists who you admire so much considered heretical by the Catholics? And if so, are they your brothers? Are you a heretic too by accepting us?
The official Catholic teaching on Anabaptism in the present day is propositio theologice erronea; meaning we believe that some of Anabaptist theology is at odds with Catholic teaching but that Anabaptists are not heretics. In short, Anabaptists are not in Communion with us on baptismal protocols but most Anabaptists still hold to the same core Christian theological dogma.

Do you believe in the Holy Trinity? Then you are still our brothers in Christ.
Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, fully human and fully divine? Then you are still our brothers in Christ.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

MaxPC wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:25 am The official Catholic teaching on Anabaptism in the present day is propositio theologice erronea; meaning we believe that some of Anabaptist theology is at odds with Catholic teaching but that Anabaptists are not heretics. In short, Anabaptists are not in Communion with us on baptismal protocols but most Anabaptists still hold to the same core Christian theological dogma.

Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, fully human and fully divine? Then you are still our brothers in Christ.
Can you show me where the Vatican says this? If it’s official teaching and not just common thought?
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Soloist wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:20 am
MaxPC wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:25 am The official Catholic teaching on Anabaptism in the present day is propositio theologice erronea; meaning we believe that some of Anabaptist theology is at odds with Catholic teaching but that Anabaptists are not heretics. In short, Anabaptists are not in Communion with us on baptismal protocols but most Anabaptists still hold to the same core Christian theological dogma.

Can you show me where the Vatican says this? If it’s official teaching and not just common thought?
Go to the Vatican website and seek the definition of propositio theologice erronea.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

MaxPC wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:38 am
Go to the Vatican website and seek the definition of propositio theologice erronea.
https://www.vatican.va/content/vatican/ ... =relevance

Looks like it produced only "erronea" results.
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Soloist wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:50 am

Probably your browser.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

MaxPC wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:53 am
Soloist wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:50 am

Probably your browser.
Probably not.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

What are compatible Vatican-approved browsers?
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

Josh wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:32 pm What are compatible Vatican-approved browsers?
Most browsers should work unless:
The browser is on a VPN.
Settings to restrict pop ups are too tight.
The traffic on the internet overloads the site or access to the Italian systems.
The site is being updated.
A cat chewed through a wire … perhaps not that last :lol:

It takes the patience of Job to navigate the Vatican website as it has a great deal of info there that is being added to daily.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Josh wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:32 pm What are compatible Vatican-approved browsers?
Years ago they did a customized version of Grail called, obviously, the Holy Grail.

More recently, I think it's Romecat.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited