The Apocrypha

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: The Apocrypha

Post by Soloist »

MaxPC wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:28 pm
Josh wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:32 pm What are compatible Vatican-approved browsers?
Most browsers should work unless:
The browser is on a VPN.
Settings to restrict pop ups are too tight.
The traffic on the internet overloads the site or access to the Italian systems.
The site is being updated.
A cat chewed through a wire … perhaps not that last :lol:

It takes the patience of Job to navigate the Vatican website as it has a great deal of info there that is being added to daily.
Yes I can see why you always insist something isn’t acceptable unless it’s from the Vatican. No one can find anything to point out supporting your claims or disputing it. I’m content to use the historical record of the Catholic Church as their website goes conveniently offline when a cat chews on the “wire”
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I, too, performed such a search and also got no results. Used Brave on iOS 17.1, macOS 17, Safari on macOS 17, Firefox on Gentoo (arm64), and Edge on Windows Server 2022. Same results on all platforms.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Josh wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:38 pm I, too, performed such a search and also got no results. Used Brave on iOS 17.1, macOS 17, Safari on macOS 17, Firefox on Gentoo (arm64), and Edge on Windows Server 2022. Same results on all platforms.
I just tried it as well and received an error message. Apparently there is something happening on their end. It happens when they are updating security or the information. Or it may be something else entirely.

I have noticed that uploading a post on MN has slowed dramatically too within the last 24 hours.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

MaxPC wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:49 pm
Josh wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:38 pm I, too, performed such a search and also got no results. Used Brave on iOS 17.1, macOS 17, Safari on macOS 17, Firefox on Gentoo (arm64), and Edge on Windows Server 2022. Same results on all platforms.
I just tried it as well and received an error message. Apparently there is something happening on their end. It happens when they are updating security or the information. Or it may be something else entirely.

I have noticed that uploading a post on MN has slowed dramatically too within the last 24 hours.
Well when you can show a link, let us know. We are all waiting to see that we are no longer “heretics” :laugh
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

MaxPC wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:49 pm

Josh, I found my older download of the information if you are interested since the Vatican website may not be operational in the next 24.

This information has not changed in 70 years in the category of Theological Censure:
A doctrinal proposition, without directly contradicting a received dogma, may yet involve logical consequences at variance with revealed truth. Such a proposition is not heretical, it is a ‘propositio theologice erronea’, that is, erroneous in theology.
Translation from Catholic-speak: it is not heretical to hold theology with protocols that vary or may appear to be, counter to Catholic protocols; yet do not deny the Trinity or Christ, the Son of God. Anabaptists are in this category and not deemed heretical; Baptists likewise are not deemed heretical. They simply cannot share the same communion. This concept was noted as an aside during Billy Graham’s many visits with Pope John Paul II. They were close friends, yet Mr Graham could not receive Holy Communion during the Catholic Mass.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

MaxPC wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:29 pm Josh, I found my older download of the information if you are interested since the Vatican website may not be operational in the next 24.
Are you using the right link?

https://www.vatican.va/content/vatican/en.html

It's worked consistently for me. I have done several searches about things people are discussing here.

vatican.va doesn't work. You have to use www.vatican.va.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Bootstrap wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:37 pm
MaxPC wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:29 pm Josh, I found my older download of the information if you are interested since the Vatican website may not be operational in the next 24.
Are you using the right link?

https://www.vatican.va/content/vatican/en.html

It's worked consistently for me. I have done several searches about things people are discussing here.

vatican.va doesn't work. You have to use www.vatican.va.
But did you search for "propositio theologice erronea" and get any results? Or is your browser also not in communion with their server?
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

ohio jones wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:54 pm But did you search for "propositio theologice erronea" and get any results? Or is your browser also not in communion with their server?
Click here ...

site:https://www.vatican.va/ "propositio theologice erronea"

You can find that term more easily here:

https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07256b.htm

Or here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theological_censure

It refers to things that are not heresy:
Next, a doctrinal proposition, without directly contradicting a received dogma, may yet involve logical consequences at variance with revealed truth. Such a proposition is not heretical, it is a propositio theologice erronea, that is, erroneous in theology.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Question: How is the Apocrypha related to other questions of the Catholic church and the Reformation?

Are there particular doctrines found only in the Apocrypha that played an important role?
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Bootstrap wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:00 pm
ohio jones wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:54 pm But did you search for "propositio theologice erronea" and get any results? Or is your browser also not in communion with their server?
Click here ...

site:https://www.vatican.va/ "propositio theologice erronea"
If neither Google nor vatican.va's search engine finds anything, maybe it is apocryphal (in the "hidden" sense). It's not like the search function on the .va site isn't working, I can search for "bull" and find it.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited