The Mark of the Beast in Revelation

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
JohnHurt
Affiliation: Primitive Christian

Re: The Mark of the Beast in Revelation

Post by JohnHurt »

ken_sylvania wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:21 pm
JohnHurt wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:46 am
Josh wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:54 pm It turns out that everyone in the entire world prefers Federal Reserve Notes to any other kind of script or barter.
Only because the other currencies in the entire world are EVEN WORSE than our US Federal Reserve Notes!

There is a Federal Reserve Bank in every country in the world, except North Korea and Iran. The Federal Reserve "paper money inflation scam" is worldwide, there is no stable currency.

So if I gave you a dollar, which one would you want?

This one:

or this one:

Which one would you put in your piggy bank and hold onto, and which one would you trade away as soon as possible?

You would trade the paper money immediately because it loses value.

That is why paper money is so popular and no one trades in silver.
Actually, if you gave me a silver dollar the reason I might hold onto it longer than a paper dollar is because of the hassle of exchanging it for its value. If you gave me several silver dollars I would probably sell them and use the money to buy something that I could actually eat, wear, or otherwise use.
And you can't buy something on the internet with a coin.
0 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

JohnHurt wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:21 pm
Only because the other currencies in the entire world are EVEN WORSE than our US Federal Reserve Notes!

There is a Federal Reserve Bank in every country in the world, except North Korea and Iran. The Federal Reserve "paper money inflation scam" is worldwide, there is no stable currency.

This one:

or this one:

Which one would you put in your piggy bank and hold onto, and which one would you trade away as soon as possible?

Actually, if you gave me a silver dollar the reason I might hold onto it longer than a paper dollar is because of the hassle of exchanging it for its value. If you gave me several silver dollars I would probably sell them and use the money to buy something that I could actually eat, wear, or otherwise use.
That part of it doesn't really bother me. My life would be just fine without things purchased on the internet.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

JohnHurt wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:21 pm

This one:

or this one:

I actually can't use either of them for 95% of the things I spend money on. At least not conveniently.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

You could use it to buy things at face value. An interesting quirk is that it me can use silver and gold coins to trade for things at face value and the taxable basis of the transaction is the face value if done so.

I used to know a guy who was trying to figure out a way to put that into practice, but it would require a “handshake” contract to use such coins.
0 x