Helpers

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Helpers

Post by RZehr »

https://seandietrich.substack.com/p/hel ... dium=email
“Ma’am,” asks the girl, who is probably 14 years old, “is there anything I can do to help you?”
1 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Helpers

Post by Bootstrap »

RZehr wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:33 pm https://seandietrich.substack.com/p/hel ... dium=email
“Ma’am,” asks the girl, who is probably 14 years old, “is there anything I can do to help you?”
That's great! Is this a true story? It doesn't say if it's creative writing or something that happened. It doesn't identify a specific time or place.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

I don’t know. I assumed so. I expect that few Mennonites would step up on their own like this. But good for them that did.
Last edited by RZehr on Fri May 26, 2023 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Bootstrap wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:25 pm
RZehr wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:33 pm https://seandietrich.substack.com/p/hel ... dium=email
That's great! Is this a true story? It doesn't say if it's creative writing or something that happened. It doesn't identify a specific time or place.
Considering many hotels would probably fire an employee who did that, I suspect some details have been left out on purpose.
0 x
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

This week I stayed in a mighty crusty motel. The night clerk opened an adjoining room for me, and held steady a rickety round table so that I could climb onto it and remove the smoke detector. I removed it from the ceiling, and removed the 9v battery.
Also removed one in our room too.

The batteries were dying and the things were chirping loudly and annoyingly.

I could go on about that motel. If they’d have served an omelette, I imagine it too would have tasted like industrial plastic.
1 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

RZehr wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:36 pm This week I stayed in a mighty crusty motel. The night clerk opened an adjoining room for me, and held steady a rickety round table so that I could climb onto it and remove the smoke detector. I removed it from the ceiling, and removed the 9v battery.
Also removed one in our room too.

The batteries were dying and the things were chirping loudly and annoyingly.

I could go on about that motel. If they’d have served an omelette, I imagine it too would have tasted like industrial plastic.
Wife: If your eldest daughter was helping make the omelette, I’m sure it would’ve tasted a whole lot better. She whips up some mighty fine cookies.

PS it looks like it’s a true story, and now another article of his has me curious about the throwed rolls restaurant. It doesn’t seem like he’s a Christian though (might be wrong), although the last name makes me wonder what kind of church he grew up in.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat