Under the Banner of Heaven - Jon Krakauer

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Under the Banner of Heaven - Jon Krakauer

Post by ohio jones »

Joy wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:32 am Guess I should've added commas after "thee" and "book", since I was addressing a book. :D It's called personification or apostrophe--did you know the latter? :shock:
steve-in-kville wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:32 am Has anyone read this book? Its a true story written about the Mormon church.
Apparently he doesnt know about apostrophe's. 8-)
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

silentreader wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:07 am
Joy wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:32 am Guess I should've added commas after "thee" and "book", since I was addressing a book. :D It's called personification or apostrophe--did you know the latter? :shock:
So does that provide for switching personification and ending with "it" rather than "thee" again?
Yeah, I know it did that, but don't spoil my joke. :lol:
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Only an Anz
Affiliation: ex-Eastern

Post by Only an Anz »

steve-in-kville wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:47 am
Szdfan wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:38 am I have it, but haven’t read it yet. His book “Into Thin Air” convinced me never to climb Mt. Everest.
Into the Wild is also good. They eventually made movies or TV series on many of his books.
Yes, including this one.
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

steve-in-kville wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:32 am Has anyone read this book? Its a true story written about the Mormon church.
Yes. It focuses on a murder that occurred in a small FLDS sect.
2 x
:hug:
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

I would not really call the FLDS a “Mormon church” anymore than the Bergholz gang represents the Amish church.
2 x