100 Bible Verses About Transgenderism and Homosexuality

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: 100 Bible Verses About Transgenderism and Homosexuality

Post by Josh »

Szdfan wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:53 pm In my experience, when there’s profound disagreement about ethical and moral issues, quoting scripture at people is one of the least effective ways to change anyone’s mind.
The Bible speaks the truth on this issue. One can either agree with God and His Word, or disagree with Him.

“Changing one’s mind” isn’t the goal here, sinners repenting and accepting salvation is.
2 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

JimFoxvog wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:22 pm It's hard to see the relationship between some of these verses and the topic. It would be more convincing if the connection could be easily made.

Yes, I expect that transgenderism is a mental health issue. I agree homosexual acts are sinful. But let's try to make a case that could convince someone who believed the Bible and was searching for what is right.
Yes, what is needed first is salvation, and believing the Bible comes after that.

A worldly person cannot believe the Bible. Who wants to love their enemies, “resist not the evildoer”, or to turn away from wealth? Only the one whose heart and mind are regenerated with the water of the gospel.
3 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Josh wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:57 pm
ragpicker wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:16 pm Ah, those verses are take out of context.

Those verses are misinterpreted.

Those verses are irrelevant.

Who cares what those verses say? Just love.

How am I doing?
Very well, alongside “Jesus might not have existed”, “Mary was not a virgin but was an out of wedlock pregnant mother”, “Jesus didn’t rise from the dead”, and “Jesus didn’t miraculously multiply the loaves and dishes; the crowd just suddenly became more generous”.

All claptrap I’ve heard preached from an MC USA pulpit.
I might add I have also heard it from Episcopalians, liberal COBs, liberal Methodists, liberal Baptists, Unitarian Universalists, even some "alleged" Catholics. We are called to continue preaching the Bible and God's Truth.
James 5: 19-20 My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back, 20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Josh wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:57 pm Very well, alongside “Jesus might not have existed”, “Mary was not a virgin but was an out of wedlock pregnant mother”, “Jesus didn’t rise from the dead”, and “Jesus didn’t miraculously multiply the loaves and dishes; the crowd just suddenly became more generous”.

I've been to several MC-USA churches. Happily, I never heard any hint of the heresies. I guess it's a broad group. Even attending the Illinois Conference general meetings, though there were supporters of homosexuality, I didn't hear this stuff.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

JimFoxvog wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:40 pm
Josh wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:57 pm Very well, alongside “Jesus might not have existed”, “Mary was not a virgin but was an out of wedlock pregnant mother”, “Jesus didn’t rise from the dead”, and “Jesus didn’t miraculously multiply the loaves and dishes; the crowd just suddenly became more generous”.

I've been to several MC-USA churches. Happily, I never heard any hint of the heresies. I guess it's a broad group. Even attending the Illinois Conference general meetings, though there were supporters of homosexuality, I didn't hear this stuff.
This stuff really only shows up once someone goes to a very liberal seminary and gets infected with certain non-orthodox ideas.

Strangely enough, the above was taught at one of my local CMC affiliates a few years ago. Many of the congregants left over it. The pastor involved eventually left too. Then the church changed its affiliation from CMC to MC USA.

It’s interesting as this church basically launched the conservative Mennonite movement in the 1950s.
1 x