As American News Suffers Declines, Amish Newspapers Flourish In Print

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
Pelerin
Affiliation:

Post by Pelerin »

On Die Botschaft and the Budget. No word on the Fish Wrapper or the Vendor.
1 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: As American News Suffers Declines, Amish Newspapers Flourish In Print

Post by steve-in-kville »

Many years ago, my employer's name showed up in one of those papers. Our driver told an Amish customer that we broke some sales record or something that summer. The customer must have been quite fascinated and the next edition featured our company and the sales record we broke, whatever it was at the time.

That got brought up at one of our quarterly meetings 8-)
2 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

steve-in-kville wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:04 am Many years ago, my employer's name showed up in one of those papers. Our driver told an Amish customer that we broke some sales record or something that summer. The customer must have been quite fascinated and the next edition featured our company and the sales record we broke, whatever it was at the time.

Truck drivers are sometimes the best source of information about how it's really going at a company. They don't know everything, but they are probably more forthright with what they know than the sales and marketing people. :)
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

mike wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:36 am
steve-in-kville wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:04 am Many years ago, my employer's name showed up in one of those papers. Our driver told an Amish customer that we broke some sales record or something that summer. The customer must have been quite fascinated and the next edition featured our company and the sales record we broke, whatever it was at the time.

Truck drivers are sometimes the best source of information about how it's really going at a company. They don't know everything, but they are probably more forthright with what they know than the sales and marketing people. :)
They’re good sources of information about supply chains.

For example, I learned that municipal tap water is loaded into 5 gallon plastic bottles and then trucked about a few hours away to a larger city. This is in Ohio, where we generally have a problem of “too much water”.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

I learned that if you need to know something, either ask a waitress or a truck driver. They got it all 8-)
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Only an Anz
Affiliation: ex-Eastern

Post by Only an Anz »

I have to find it again, but I read a cool article a while back that called The Budget "Amish Facebook". I like the analogy.
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Only an Anz wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:20 pm I have to find it again, but I read a cool article a while back that called The Budget "Amish Facebook". I like the analogy.
Or perhaps Facebook should be called the “English Budget”.
2 x