Journal of Amish and Plain Anabaptist Studies

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
NatJolly
Affiliation: academic

Journal of Amish and Plain Anabaptist Studies

Post by NatJolly »

Greetings!
I wanted to alert MennoNetters to the recent publication of a new issue of JAPAS (the Journal of Amish and Plain Anabaptist Studies).
https://ideaexchange.uakron.edu/amishstudies/

This was a special issue focused specifically on Plain women and gender in the Anabaptist world. Please do hop over if any of the articles below sound interesting. Access is free and readership is enthusiastically encouraged! There is even the opportunity for continued community conversation via the journal, so please do feel free to read and engage.

The Journal of Amish and Plain Anabaptist Studies is a multidisciplinary peer reviewed journal that focuses on the plain branches of the seven major Anabaptist religious traditions: Amish, Apostolic Christian / Nazarene (Froelich), Brethren / German Baptist, Bruderhof, Hutterite, Swiss Mennonite, and Russian Mennonite.

Current Issue: Volume 8, Issue 2 (2020) Gender-Focused Research in Amish and Plain Anabaptist Studies

Title Page and Table of Contents 8(2)
JAPAS Editors

Editors' Comments

Content Overview for This Special Issue
Katherine Jellison

Making Hay: Gendered Inquiry in Anabaptist Studies as Communal Endeavor
Natalie Jolly

Original Research Articles

Working Together: Women and Men on the Amish Family Farm in 1930s Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
Katherine Jellison and Steven Reschly

Old Colony Mennonite Women's Lives in Mexico from the 1920s to the 1940s
Rebecca Janzen

Claiming a Piece of Tradition: Community Discourse in Russian Mennonite Community Cookbooks
Amy Harris-Aber

Hemmed In? Considering the Complexities of Amish Womanhood
Natalie Jolly

Masculinity among the Amish: Characteristics, Hegemony, and 'Soft Patriarchy'
Robert Strikwerda

Symposium
Symposium Review of The Lives of Amish Women—Karen Johnson-Weiner
Gracia Miller, Sheila Petre, and Vlatka Škender

Book Reviews
Review of: Anderson, Cory, and Jennifer Anderson. 2019. Amish-Mennonites across the Globe. Amish-Mennonite Heritage Series, Vol. 2. Millersburg, OH: Acorn Publishing.
Karen Conley
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: Journal of Amish and Plain Anabaptist Studies

Post by steve-in-kville »

I've read through a few of the articles and find your viewpoint interesting. What drew you to the study of Anabaptism? Ancestry?
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!