Plain People Ministries - Denton NC

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
Heirbyadoption
Affiliation: Brethren

Plain People Ministries - Denton NC

Post by Heirbyadoption »

Can somebody tell me about these folks? Contact info, denominational connections, etc? I occasionally get a small booklet from them of Anabaptist history, issues, theology, etc...
0 x
Biblical Anabaptist
Affiliation: Unaffiliated Menno

Re: Plain People Ministries - Denton NC

Post by Biblical Anabaptist »

I believe it is the same folks who publish the "Message to Plain People" very strong on Sabbath (7th day) observance
0 x
Heirbyadoption

Post by Heirbyadoption »

Biblical Anabaptist wrote:I believe it is the same folks who publish the "Message to Plain People" very strong on Sabbath (7th day) observance
Yes. I am seeking contact info for them beyond a PO Box number.
0 x
Joy
Affiliation: Baptist

Post by Joy »

http://www.buzzfile.com/business/Plain- ... 6-859-3756

Contact Information
Plain People Ministries Inc
2524 Canaan Church Rd
Denton, NC 27239
0 x
2Tim. 3:16,17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

It makes me wonder if they are trying to proselytise the Amish Plain groups that live about an hour from them?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Biblical Anabaptist
Affiliation: Unaffiliated Menno

Post by Biblical Anabaptist »

MaxPC wrote:It makes me wonder if they are trying to proselytise the Amish Plain groups that live about an hour from them?
They are trying to proselytize "plain folks" more than that. I have been receiving their publications for probably 30+ years. I live in PA. Somewhere I got the impression that they dress "plain". I really don't know who they are.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Biblical Anabaptist wrote:
MaxPC wrote:It makes me wonder if they are trying to proselytise the Amish Plain groups that live about an hour from them?
They are trying to proselytize "plain folks" more than that. I have been receiving their publications for probably 30+ years. I live in PA. Somewhere I got the impression that they dress "plain". I really don't know who they are.
Perhaps we can get Josh or Judas Maccabeus on the case?
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Heirbyadoption

Post by Heirbyadoption »

The links I'm finding lead to a Barnes Printing (Jason and Elizabeth), about 10 minutes down the road from Canaan Church Rd in Denton (45 min south of Greensboro). Not sure whether they just print for PPM or are the producers, but I DID find an email and phone number, so I'll give that a shot. Don't suppose any of you are acquainted with them?
0 x