Plain News

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Plain News

Post by temporal1 »

i believe this thread was started in the "Other" category (before "Written Word" was available:)
"Plain news?"
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=200&p=4611&hilit=plain+news#p4611
by Soloist » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:20 pm

What exactly does Plain news report on? Given that the only thing I see as a free user is old job ads...
Posts at the first three tabs at the top of this page are available to anyone who visits this site.
The rest of the news categories are available to subscribers.

I can't seem to access more then the jobs and I'm relatively curious about its worth given that I have issues browsing random news and reading or seeing things I'd rather not.
by Ernie » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:09 am

I've temporarily allowed access to Breaking News and the most recent 100 posts.

We also offer a 3 month free trial.
i've been looking for it. hope adding it here, to Written Word," helps others. :)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Re: Plain News

Post by Hats Off »

I have found Plain News to be very worthwhile. I always look at the filtered news for the day; I check out the obituary's and ordinations; I always look forward to the latest Ken Miller and Timo Miller updates. Even though I don't often attend the events it is also interesting to read about events of interest to the plain community.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Plain News

Post by Josh »

I've taken to reading The Skimm which is like a non-Christian version of the daily news update in Plain News.
0 x