Blogs by Plain People

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Re: Blogs by Plain People

Post by Wade »

Bootstrap wrote:
Wade wrote:
Ernie wrote:I was just introduced to Dr. John's blog by someone else this evening. Yes, it is very good IMO.
Dr. John compares the injection of substances and their amounts directly into the body with a needle with eating... This type of logic is so flawed and ridiculous coming from a doctor I don't know why people accept such garbage? To me it seems very intellectually dishonest and I don't trust people who talk like this.
Could you please quote the paragraph you are objecting to and provide a link? I think it's important to evaluate this in his own words.
I can't provide a link - you'll have to ask Ernie.
But here is the quote from the email link from Ernie:
Vaccines do contain preservatives, they contain
tiny amounts of formaldehyde and aluminum.
This all sounds terrible and many have claimed
that they are dangerous. The only thing is that
we live in a world that is pretty toxic. A breast
fed baby will get more aluminum in a couple of
days than is present in any vaccine on the
market. Fortunately, our bodies break down
the tiny amounts of toxins present in our
environment and diet very quickly.
Mercury is notably absent from most vaccines
at this point -- only present in multi-dose vials.
The way a body reacts to ingestion and a needle injection are two different things because of the bodies natural barriers it uses to protect itself. I've called out medical professionals on this before who afterward agreed it wasn't fair of them to compare the two, the problem is that this kind of dishonest illogical science is rampant in the medical world. I'm not debating this - I would just love to see honest comparisons by doctors and nurses one day.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Being somewhat new to the blogging game, I'm amazed how many Anabaptist-centered blogs are out there, all with their own unique style and/or focus. We need more of that these days.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

This thread can also include websites with multiple writers...

www.think-truth.org

https://anabaptistperspectives.org/blog/

And a new one for 2021...
https://kingdomoutpost.org/
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Here is a good blog post from Dorcas Smucker. Of course it’s good, because I agree with her. :P
Conspiracy. Vaccines. Forest Fires. COVID. But as good as the post is, the fact that she introduced me to the words “calamity howlers”, is by its self worthy passing the post on. :lol:
http://dorcassmucker.blogspot.com/2021/ ... r.html?m=1
0 x
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

RZehr wrote:Here is a good blog post from Dorcas Smucker. Of course it’s good, because I agree with her. :P
Conspiracy. Vaccines. Forest Fires. COVID. But as good as the post is, the fact that she introduced me to the words “calamity howlers”, is by its self worthy passing the post on. :lol:
I read it yesterday and I too, thought that it's a really good post.
0 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Yes, quite good. I appreciate the warning that we don't even know enough to know what we should be afraid of.
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

RZehr wrote:Here is a good blog post from Dorcas Smucker. Of course it’s good, because I agree with her. :P
I find myself often surprised when I read things like this. Very few if any of Mennonites I know and have known ever talk about believing or are into any conspiracy theories...?
My world is small.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

It depends. I’d guess that you are within one degree of separation of Nationwide folks who believe in a flat earth conspiracy.
A few will believe in a political conspiracy, particularly if they live in the US instead of Canada. They wouldn’t know it can be traced back to QAnon, and never heard of QAnon, but they are “hearing things” about Democrats.

Most of the election conspiracy believers would be found in a bit more liberal churches than yours is. I doubt Nationwide would have a massive amount of people who are following politics at that level, but I could be wrong.

With vaccines, there is a bit who might believe that vaccines are a money grab and nothing more; but most Plain antivaxers are probably not subscribing to any conspiracy, they are just not wanting them because they are afraid they do more harm than good.

I know one guy that thinks JFK was killed by some big conspiracy instead of the official account. A handful believe the twin towers were a false flag attack.

The thing is, once a person goes down the rabbit hole, he begins to subscribe, almost wholesale to pretty much any wacky conspiracy theory. I think it would be way more common to find one person who rejects the official accounts of JFK, Moon landing, spherical earth, 9/11, vaccine safety, and COVID-19 than it would be to find people who only rejected half of them.
0 x
Wade

Post by Wade »

RZehr wrote:It depends. I’d guess that you are within one degree of separation of Nationwide folks who believe in a flat earth conspiracy.
A few will believe in a political conspiracy, particularly if they live in the US instead of Canada. They wouldn’t know it can be traced back to QAnon, and never heard of QAnon, but they are “hearing things” about Democrats.

Most of the election conspiracy believers would be found in a bit more liberal churches than yours is. I doubt Nationwide would have a massive amount of people who are following politics at that level, but I could be wrong.

With vaccines, there is a bit who might believe that vaccines are a money grab and nothing more; but most Plain antivaxers are probably not subscribing to any conspiracy, they are just not wanting them because they are afraid they do more harm than good.

I know one guy that thinks JFK was killed by some big conspiracy instead of the official account. A handful believe the twin towers were a false flag attack.

The thing is, once a person goes down the rabbit hole, he begins to subscribe, almost wholesale to pretty much any wacky conspiracy theory. I think it would be way more common to find one person who rejects the official accounts of JFK, Moon landing, spherical earth, 9/11, vaccine safety, and COVID-19 than it would be to find people who only rejected half of them.
I'm still extremely surprised about the flat earth ideas being found in Nationwide. All of the things mentioned I can find in most of the Protestant churches and people I've been in contact with but the only thing on your list that has even come up in passing with Nationwide, Western, and even Holdemans I've spent time with was some not being interested in getting all the vaccines. That is really all I've ever noticed. The Western church came from an Eastern setting - maybe my contact has been with Mennonites detached far enough from mainstream media and social media and internet that these things are further off the radar?
Or I'm not paying attention to these things in my interactions? :roll:

I am quite thankful!

I'm probably the most tainted... And Mennonet is my only social media and where I hear most all my news... :shock: :o
0 x