Blogs by Plain People

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Blogs by Plain People

Post by Ernie »

This is a thread to post links to blogs by Plain Anabaptists and similar folks.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ernie

Re: Blogs by Plain People

Post by Ernie »

Last edited by Ernie on Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

0 x
danfreed
Affiliation: MtValleyMenno/Faith

Post by danfreed »

I highly recommend Dr John's Jottings.

http://johnwaldron65.blogspot.com/2020/ ... ories.html

From his blog profile...
"I am a family doctor and live with my wife and five children in Central Virginia. I love them and Jesus and hope through my writing to bring a bit of hope and truth to my corner of this world."

His latest post is an excellent overview of vaccines - history, benefits, risks, and with a special focus on COVID.
I have been fortunate to know John for about 5 years. He is an inspirational brother in so many ways.
His writings provide much hope and truth, and encourages a Jesus-centered life that flows out to serve others.

Enjoy.

Dan Freed
Last edited by ohio jones on Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: responses moved to Coronavirus Vaccines thread, by request
0 x
My spiritual perspectives are Jesus-centered, evangelical anabaptist, New Testament Bible based...
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

I was just introduced to Dr. John's blog by someone else this evening. Yes, it is very good IMO.
0 x
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

And here is where I "blog" sometimes. My latest entry being yesterday.

https://www.plainnews.org/topic/public/
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Post by joshuabgood »

Lowell Herschberger

https://www.lajourney.net/
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Ernie wrote:I was just introduced to Dr. John's blog by someone else this evening. Yes, it is very good IMO.
Dr. John compares the injection of substances and their amounts directly into the body with a needle with eating... This type of logic is so flawed and ridiculous coming from a doctor I don't know why people accept such garbage? To me it seems very intellectually dishonest and I don't trust people who talk like this.
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Wade wrote:
Ernie wrote:I was just introduced to Dr. John's blog by someone else this evening. Yes, it is very good IMO.
Dr. John compares the injection of substances and their amounts directly into the body with a needle with eating... This type of logic is so flawed and ridiculous coming from a doctor I don't know why people accept such garbage? To me it seems very intellectually dishonest and I don't trust people who talk like this.
Could you please quote the paragraph you are objecting to and provide a link? I think it's important to evaluate this in his own words.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?