Recommended: “My Other Name Is Mom”

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Recommended: “My Other Name Is Mom”

Post by RZehr »

This is a book that was recently gifted to my wife, and as she read me excerpts, my curiosity was piqued. So I read it.
My Other Name Is Mom, embracing the realities of Godly motherhood. Written by Mary Burkholder. The book says about her “I live in southwest Mississippi and belong to Darbun Mennonite Church where my husband is a pastor. Five children call me mom. I enjoy early mornings, a just-cleaned house, good times with my family and friends, and writing and coffee.”
Touches on the desire and lack thereof, for children. Feminism. Equality. Romance. Social Life. Supermom. Christ. This is not a child raising how-to book.
I thought it well written and very true to Biblical teachings.
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: Recommended: “My Other Name Is Mom”

Post by MaxPC »

RZehr wrote:This is a book that was recently gifted to my wife, and as she read me excerpts, my curiosity was piqued. So I read it.
My Other Name Is Mom, embracing the realities of Godly motherhood. Written by Mary Burkholder. The book says about her “I live in southwest Mississippi and belong to Darbun Mennonite Church where my husband is a pastor. Five children call me mom. I enjoy early mornings, a just-cleaned house, good times with my family and friends, and writing and coffee.”
Touches on the desire and lack thereof, for children. Feminism. Equality. Romance. Social Life. Supermom. Christ. This is not a child raising how-to book.
I thought it well written and very true to Biblical teachings.
My wife seconds your opinion. She has enjoyed that book very much.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Recommended: “My Other Name Is Mom”

Post by temporal1 »

0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN