Thompson Chain Reference Bibles: ESV and KJV

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology

Do you have a Thompson Chain Reference KJV or ESV? Please share what you think of it as a resource.

Total votes: 0

MaxPC

Thompson Chain Reference Bibles: ESV and KJV

Post by MaxPC »

Please feel free to share your thoughts on this resource.
0 x
MaxPC

Re: Thompson Chain Reference Bibles: ESV and KJV

Post by MaxPC »

Anyone else?
Are these used much in Anabaptist fellowships?
Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
0 x
Mama

Post by Mama »

We have the KJV TCR and we like it. Especially as a homeschool resource.
0 x
RZehr

Post by RZehr »

I use one, KJV. It has a lot of helps and information in the back that is interesting. I don’t use the chain part a whole lot. This is my primary Bible. They aren’t rare.
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

RZehr wrote:I use one, KJV. It has a lot of helps and information in the back that is interesting. I don’t use the chain part a whole lot. This is my primary Bible. They aren’t rare.
Thank you all. Was interested in understanding how useful Anabaptist believers found the chain reference.
0 x
ohio jones

Post by ohio jones »

MaxPC wrote:Was interested in understanding how useful Anabaptist believers found the chain reference.
About as useful as non-Anabaptist believers find it, I would imagine. Back in the B.C. era (before computers) I used it some, but now it's easier to do a search.
0 x
MaxPC

Post by MaxPC »

ohio jones wrote:
MaxPC wrote:Was interested in understanding how useful Anabaptist believers found the chain reference.
About as useful as non-Anabaptist believers find it, I would imagine. Back in the B.C. era (before computers) I used it some, but now it's easier to do a search.
Even for your own Bible study time then? When it’s just you and the Bible? I have computer apps but there’s something about holding the Book in my hand while reading that is helpful to my prayer life. Maybe others don’t feel that way (YMMV) because we are all individuals in God’s eyes.
0 x