The Silver Mine

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

The Silver Mine

Post by Ernie »

http://englishiva1011.pbworks.com/f/SILVMINE.PDF

If you read this story in its entirety, you may comment on your thoughts about the story, as well as applications we might make for our lives and the Kingdom of God today.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Re: The Silver Mine

Post by Wade »

It was a good reminder that riches are indeed a snare. There are probably many applications for us especially in what we choose for work.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

Contentment - how precious.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

God needs men in the kingdom more than He needs silver.
0 x
cmbl
Affiliation: Pilgrim, NMB

Post by cmbl »

Ernie wrote:http://englishiva1011.pbworks.com/f/SILVMINE.PDF

If you read this story in its entirety, you may comment on your thoughts about the story, as well as applications we might make for our lives and the Kingdom of God today.
The parson never gave the King a direct answer, but he left confident. "I have the answer."
0 x
"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous."
redoyja
Affiliation: Beachy

Post by redoyja »

Ernie wrote:http://englishiva1011.pbworks.com/f/SILVMINE.PDF

Great story. I think I read it years ago, but I'm not sure where.
Silver mines, gold mines, poppy 'mines', and all other forms of easy wealth will ruin people. Even if we dream of wealth and how we would use it well, history shows that it almost always results in a ruined people.
I lived in a place once near abandoned gold and silver mines, and too many of the people of the place still wait around for the next boom. The current bonanza comes from poppies, and it has resulted in nothing but strife and problems, dead people, and ruined relationships. Many do not realize that better, enduring, physical wealth comes as the result of years of steady work, not a quick boom. And since the way we earn our bread is so intertwined with who we are, it affects our relationship with God too.
0 x