Books on Family Topics from an Anabaptist perspective

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Books on Family Topics from an Anabaptist perspective

Post by mike »

I am interested in finding good books about family topics, such as marriage and child training, from an Anabaptist perspective. I'm aware of John Coblentz's books on these topics, but would like to know if anyone knows of others they could recommend.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Books on Family Topics from an Anabaptist perspective

Post by ohio jones »

I haven't done much reading in that area myself. It would give me no greater joy than to consult with LC on the subject, but maybe that's why you're limiting this to an Anabaptist perspective. :twisted:
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Frodo
Affiliation: Inter.Conserv.Menn.

Re: Books on Family Topics from an Anabaptist perspective

Post by Frodo »

mike wrote:I am interested in finding good books about family topics, such as marriage and child training, from an Anabaptist perspective. I'm aware of John Coblentz's books on these topics, but would like to know if anyone knows of others they could recommend.

I really appreciate John Drescher's books, especially Spirit Fruit, which would not be particularly about marriage and family. He does have a number of books on marriage and family. I have read "For the Love of Marriage" and liked it and he also has some on child raising that I haven't read. If I'm not mistaken John Drescher was a pastor in a Franconia conference Mennonite Church which would be part of MCUSA.
0 x