Sunday School

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology

Does your church use CLP material?

Total votes: 0

karpos
Affiliation: beachy

Re: Sunday School

Post by karpos »

Hats Off wrote:We don't have Sunday School. Unfortunately, I have very few good experiences in Conservative Mennonite Sunday schools. The ones I have seen, typically few members aside from the ordained take part and it would generally be the same few. With so little participation, I generally do make a few comments to help keep things going. We do have CLP materials in our homes along with Rod and Staff and Pathway.
Some churches have no sunday school and 2 messages. I really like that.
0 x
Hats Off
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Post by Hats Off »

That is our practise - but we don't have a bell or even a clock to help them with the time!
0 x
karpos

Post by karpos »

Hats Off wrote:That is our practise - but we don't have a bell or even a clock to help them with the time!
Which conference are you in or are you unaffiliated? Some eastern/berea churches do that. I wish beachy churches would drop sunday school.
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

karpos wrote:
Hats Off wrote:That is our practise - but we don't have a bell or even a clock to help them with the time!
Which conference are you in or are you unaffiliated? Some eastern/berea churches do that. I wish beachy churches would drop sunday school.
HO is part of the Old Order black car Mennonites. The OO groups have never had SS. (there may be a few occasional exceptions)
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
karpos

Post by karpos »

silentreader wrote:
karpos wrote:
HO is part of the Old Order black car Mennonites. The OO groups have never had SS. (there may be a few occasional exceptions)
OO Amish folks that visit our church in town for weddings always come after SS.
0 x
Reflecting
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Reflecting »

I always assumed the visitors who came to church mid service were simply showing they had other priorities for the earlier hours of the day. Perhaps my judgement was not accurate 100% of the time. Thanks for broadening my perspective. ;)
0 x
”reflectthelight” in MDland
karpos

Post by karpos »

I used to know someone who left the new order amish. they didnt do SS. maybe because their sermons are 4 hours long and ss + 4 hours + whatever would make people pass out or something. I dunno.
0 x
ShantyShaker
Affiliation: BMA

Post by ShantyShaker »

We have 3 CLP adult classes each Sunday, men, women's, and mixed. These classes have all age groups above youth, so there's a good mixture.
The children and youth do not use CLP at all, and we usually have one or two adult "elective" classes going with other materials being used for those.

I've been helping to teach the mixed class with CLP for a year now.
Last edited by ShantyShaker on Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Former user name: C&MJ
Reflecting
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Reflecting »

ShantyShaker wrote:We have 3 CLP adult classes each Sunday, men, women's, and mixed. These classes have all age groups above youth, so there's a good mixture.
The children and youth do not use CLP at all, and we usually have one or two adult "elective" classes going with other materials being used for those.
Thank you. I’d gather your church is considerably larger than ours. ( 70ish attendance)
What do the youth and younger classes use?
0 x
”reflectthelight” in MDland
ShantyShaker
Affiliation: BMA

Post by ShantyShaker »

Reflecting wrote:
ShantyShaker wrote:We have 3 CLP adult classes each Sunday, men, women's, and mixed. These classes have all age groups above youth, so there's a good mixture.
Thank you. I’d gather your church is considerably larger than ours. ( 70ish attendance)
What do the youth and younger classes use?
We have 275 to 300 in attendance on a Sunday morning.

If I understand right, our grade school age Sunday school material has been written by people in the congregation and is being rewritten now.
0 x
Former user name: C&MJ