Science and the Story We Need

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
AnthonyMartin
Affiliation: LMC

Re: Science and the Story We Need

Post by AnthonyMartin »

Fidelio wrote:I guess one would say a God-breathed human telling, but that would be confusing. But when the author refers to " limited human renderings of the Truth" we know that the "human telling" he refers to is that of one who believes the Bible to be only a record of man's understanding of god, vs it being the very Word of God.
I would see some value in saying a God breathed human telling. I would disagree with Postman on the limited truth part. And he was not a professing Christian, that is true. But, I do think he paints a compelling need for the true story and illustrates how the attempts at those stories have fallen short.
0 x
Fidelio
Affiliation: ACCA Friend

Re: Science and the Story We Need

Post by Fidelio »

AnthonyMartin wrote:
Fidelio wrote:I guess one would say a God-breathed human telling, but that would be confusing. But when the author refers to " limited human renderings of the Truth" we know that the "human telling" he refers to is that of one who believes the Bible to be only a record of man's understanding of god, vs it being the very Word of God.
I would see some value in saying a God breathed human telling. I would disagree with Postman on the limited truth part. And he was not a professing Christian, that is true. But, I do think he paints a compelling need for the true story and illustrates how the attempts at those stories have fallen short.
I agree and perhaps my original comment was somewhat of a sidetrack, but in reading a great article, it made me feel let down in the end.
0 x
Convert to Anabaptist truth early 2019; now associated (friend) with the Apostolic Christian Church of America.