Bruxy Cavey

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
Mennogal
Affiliation: Budding Mennonite

Bruxy Cavey

Post by Mennogal »

Wondering what others think of him and his writings. I just discovered him, and so far like what he has to say.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Bruxy Cavey

Post by Josh »

Mennogal wrote:Wondering what others think of him and his writings. I just discovered him, and so far like what he has to say.
I appreciate a lot of what he has to say, and didn't find that much I disagreed with in his books.

I think his work at The Meeting House is particularly interesting with its emphasis on local community building. It's similar to a megachurch model, but with some differences I appreciate compared to what I see in an institution like Hillsong. Another evangelical-mainstream Anabaptist group with a similar focus would be Missio (http://missiochurch.com).
0 x
Mennogal

Post by Mennogal »

I would highly recommend Bruxy’s new book, (re)union... it is a great read and I feel strikes on the themes central to being Anabaptist in today’s world. I am really enjoying it.
0 x
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

Ok this is strange. 24 hours ago i would not of known who Bruxy was. Last night someone send me a series of articles he is doing (1st two out of three) on Anabaptist's view of the Word of God particularly on why we have not traditionally used words like "inerrancy of scripture" It is probably the best and clearest and most balanced article I have ever read on the subject. So based on that I plan on reading more of his stuff.
0 x
Mennogal

Post by Mennogal »

appleman2006 wrote:Ok this is strange. 24 hours ago i would not of know who Bruxy was. Last night someone send me a series of articles he is doing (1st two out of three) on Anabaptist's view of the Word of God particularly on why we have not traditionally used words like "inerrancy of scripture" It is probably the best and clearest and most balanced article I have ever read on the subject. So based on that I plan on reading more of his stuff.
Yeah, those posts are wonderful reads...
0 x