When the English Fall (a novel)

Place for books, articles, and websites with content that connect or detail Anabaptist theology
betterpromises2
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:51 pm

When the English Fall (a novel)

Postby betterpromises2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:41 pm

0 x

Hats Off
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:42 pm
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Re: When the English Fall (a novel)

Postby Hats Off » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:54 pm

It would not be very high on my list of "must read" books. We studied "On the Beach" in an English literature class and I had nightmares for a long time after (and I was an adult at the time!"
0 x

silentreader
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:41 pm
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Re: When the English Fall (a novel)

Postby silentreader » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:16 pm

Hats Off wrote:It would not be very high on my list of "must read" books. We studied "On the Beach" in an English literature class and I had nightmares for a long time after (and I was an adult at the time!"


"On the Beach", I haven't thought of that for a long time. Was that set in Australia or am I thinking of something else? Current events at the moment could lead to things like that.
0 x

Hats Off
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:42 pm
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Re: When the English Fall (a novel)

Postby Hats Off » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:42 pm

I think it was in the US with some place on the west coast being the last surviving community.
0 x

silentreader
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:41 pm
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Re: When the English Fall (a novel)

Postby silentreader » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:30 pm

Hats Off wrote:I think it was in the US with some place on the west coast being the last surviving community.


I just remember it made quite an impression on me at the time. I'm not sure if I was an adult or not, I was quite a bit older when I became an adult than what most people are.
0 x

Hats Off
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:42 pm
Affiliation: Plain Menno OO

Re: When the English Fall (a novel)

Postby Hats Off » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:17 am

The book was written by Nevil Shute in 1957 and the setting was Australia. And when I say I was an adult I meant as opposed to being a teen.
0 x

silentreader
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:41 pm
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Re: When the English Fall (a novel)

Postby silentreader » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:31 pm

Hats Off wrote:The book was written by Nevil Shute in 1957 and the setting was Australia. And when I say I was an adult I meant as opposed to being a teen.


:D
0 x


Return to “Written Word”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest