REACH 2025 (March 13-14)

Messages, Lectures and talks that relate, or connect to Anabapatist theology.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

REACH 2025 (March 13-14)

Post by Ernie »

2025 REACH ministry convention

https://www.fbep.org/attend/events/reach/

REACH 2024 was cancelled due to the church facility that Faith Builders normally used being no longer available.
Faith Builders is now moving the event to a conference center in Pittsburgh that will allow them to nearly double their capacity.
Interestingly, REACH will be the small event that week with the annual Pittsburgh Home and Garden Show taking up most of the space.
(The David Lawrence Convention Center has 1.5 million square feet of showroom and meeting space.)

The cost for rental is not significantly more than renting the Calvary Church in Lancaster. However, with a union being involved at the convention center, much of the work that was done by students and volunteers in the past will now need to be handled by union employees. This includes union employees transporting boxes over a certain size to various places in the building. :shock:
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Re: REACH 2025 (March 13-14)

Post by mike »

Ernie wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:49 pm 2025 REACH ministry convention

REACH 2024 was cancelled due to the church facility that Faith Builders normally used being no longer available.
Faith Builders is now moving the event to a conference center in Pittsburgh that will allow them to nearly double their capacity.
Interestingly, REACH will be the small event that week with the annual Pittsburgh Home and Garden Show taking up most of the space.
(The David Lawrence Convention Center has 1.5 million square feet of showroom and meeting space.)

The cost for rental is not significantly more than renting the Calvary Church in Lancaster. However, with a union being involved at the convention center, much of the work that was done by students and volunteers in the past will now need to be handled by union employees. This includes union employees transporting boxes over a certain size to various places in the building. :shock:
That's interesting. I will be a ministry rep at the event. I assume we'll be informed about how/whether this affects our setup and teardown.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

mike wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:10 am

That's interesting. I will be a ministry rep at the event. I assume we'll be informed about how/whether this affects our setup and teardown.
Depends on the union contract between the union, likely teamsters, and the center. At one event, we were not even allowed to set up a backdrop, the UofMD had to call the teamsters to do it. Factor in that cost, IIRC they sometimes had a flat rate per diem.
0 x
:hug:
mike

Post by mike »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:13 am

Depends on the union contract between the union, likely teamsters, and the center. At one event, we were not even allowed to set up a backdrop, the UofMD had to call the teamsters to do it. Factor in that cost, IIRC they sometimes had a flat rate per diem.
Ernie, do you know if that labor is included in the facility rental price, or are they charged extra for any such work that is needed?
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

mike wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:05 am
Ernie, do you know if that labor is included in the facility rental price, or are they charged extra for any such work that is needed?
I understood it is extra, and that the labor will cost as much as the rental of the facility.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
mike

Post by mike »

Ernie wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:44 am
mike wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:05 am
I understood it is extra, and that the labor will cost as much as the rental of the facility.
I see. Wow. Hopefully that's all factored into the registration costs. I believe the fee for our org is the same, or very similar, to what it was a few years ago. Maybe up $30 or so.
0 x