Gender Confusion

Messages, Lectures and talks that relate, or connect to Anabapatist theology.
AnthonyMartin
Affiliation: LMC

Gender Confusion

Post by AnthonyMartin »

Hi folks. Been away from Mennonet for a while. As I was catching up on some of the forums it seems gender confusion has been a hot topic. I was blessed by this session regarding this and thought I would share it.

https://www.focusonthefamily.com/episod ... confusion/
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Gender Confusion

Post by Soloist »

Interesting read, gotta say, this is hogwash though
And I found out later in life that my mom had never told anybody, but she wanted to give my dad a son. Had never verbalized it. So I didn’t know she felt that way. We found it later on in a pregnancy journal that she had, uh, for my older sister, that she wanted to give my dad a son. She had forgotten she ever felt that way.

And it had never been verbalized. But somehow my spirit picked up on that and knew that… I was the second child. She only wanted two kids. I was the only shot at giving my dad a son ’cause Nancy was a girl. And somehow my, I believed deep down that, and the Holy Spirit revealed this to us, that unless I were a boy, I wouldn’t be really loved, but I couldn’t be that boy because, uh, God created me to be a girl.
1 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Linda: So. Um, the one thing I wanna say about sexual addictions, uh, and attractions, transgender desires, all this stuff I’m talking about today is that at their root, it’s not a sexual issue. It manifests sexually because we’re spirit, soul, and body, and they’re all intertwined. But at their root, those things result from wounds of rejection and lies that become embedded in the soul
I agree and disagree, not all of these come from rejection. I think she made the mistake of believing everyone is like her.
0 x
AnthonyMartin

Post by AnthonyMartin »

Soloist wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:10 pm Interesting read, gotta say, this is hogwash though
And I found out later in life that my mom had never told anybody, but she wanted to give my dad a son. Had never verbalized it. So I didn’t know she felt that way. We found it later on in a pregnancy journal that she had, uh, for my older sister, that she wanted to give my dad a son. She had forgotten she ever felt that way.

And it had never been verbalized. But somehow my spirit picked up on that and knew that… I was the second child. She only wanted two kids. I was the only shot at giving my dad a son ’cause Nancy was a girl. And somehow my, I believed deep down that, and the Holy Spirit revealed this to us, that unless I were a boy, I wouldn’t be really loved, but I couldn’t be that boy because, uh, God created me to be a girl.
I don't know that I would be so quick to dismiss this. Research has demonstrated multiple areas of impact on fetal brain development from a mother's mental health. I know this doesn't prove direct causation such as she described, but I would think it would discourage a quick dismissal of this also.
Weaker (medial) prefrontal cortex functional connectivity in the high anxiety adult offspring group suggests a long-term negative impact of prenatal exposure to high maternal anxiety, extending into adulthood. To prevent mental health problems at population level, universal primary prevention strategies should aim at lowering maternal anxiety during pregnancy.
https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... %202021%3B
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Mental health in the mother has almost zero to do with some subconscious rejection of a female baby.
It’s a stretch to associate your data with type sex rejection
0 x
AnthonyMartin

Post by AnthonyMartin »

Soloist wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:35 pm Mental health in the mother has almost zero to do with some subconscious rejection of a female baby.
I would be interested in hearing why you wholesale reject her assertion. I agree the one study I link doesn’t directly support it.
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

AnthonyMartin wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:46 pm
Soloist wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:35 pm Mental health in the mother has almost zero to do with some subconscious rejection of a female baby.
I would be interested in hearing why you wholesale reject her assertion. I agree the one study I link doesn’t directly support it.
The logic of blaming a subconscious mother’s desire to have a son for her husband is irrational. She may have decided that is what it was but that isn’t factual and just as likely as generational curses or any nonsense like that.

Now mental health following to the children is a different argument entirely.
0 x
Sliceitup
Affiliation: Keystone, for now

Post by Sliceitup »

Just a random thought: mothers have long been used as scapegoats for their children’s *problems.* Autism was once blamed on ‘refrigerator moms.’
2 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Sliceitup wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:27 pm
Just a random thought: mothers have long been used as scapegoats for their children’s *problems.* Autism was once blamed on ‘refrigerator moms.’

I completely agree that in some situations the transgender movement is a result of mother or father issues. Not all of them, I suspect male has more father issues and female often has background with some sort of abuse.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

The whole article is absurd and I doubt has any basis.

My mother very much wanted a daughter or daughters. She got three boys instead. We knew this growing up. It was obvious even if she never said so in as many words. She was ill equipped to deal with the wild boys that we were and probably spent more time doting on her her nieces (her sister's daughters) than she did us. She did get three grand daughters so I guess life finally came full circle for her.

Did that slow my brothers and me down? Not in the slightest. Especially my younger brother who went through his younger years as an absolute terror (not criminally, just risky crazy in macho ways) and now lives on Alaska on a boat and owns more motorcycles and guns than I can count.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr