Former Muslims Message & Plea

Messages, Lectures and talks that relate, or connect to Anabapatist theology.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: Former Muslims Message & Plea

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:35 am
Heirbyadoption wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:29 am You really can't help it, can you? :) I suppose it's possible those were what Franklin was referring to... Without getting too far off track, I would encourage you to spend a bit more time comparing the Muslim and Anabaptist (or even Christian) understandings of some of the ones you just listed above - they are indeed fundamentally different. Anywho, I shall rephrase:
MANY OF those things in which they (Muslims and Anabaptists) are closer are utterly peripheral and ultimately inconsequential when compared to the fundamental truths upon which they irreconcilably differ and by which they (and yes, even their practices) are ultimately defined.
Well, it depends, Heir. A lot of Anabaptists seem to define themselves by adherence to a list of fundamentals; imagine my surprise on finding out that nearly all Muslims hold to much of that same list of "fundamentals", such as the virgin birth, believing in the one God, Jesus' literal earthly return and Jesus' judging of the quick and the dead, and so on.

Concerning "Christian" understanding? Much of "Christianity" (such as my favourite topic, the Episcopalians) don't even believe, on the whole, in Jesus' divinity anymore, or even that he was a great prophet and teacher (like Muslims do). They believe he was just some kind of mythical historical figure who may or may not have existed.

I have come to the stark realisation that there are those who have been very busy trying to gin up a feeling amongst evangelical Christians that Muslims are their enemy. But they are not. The "enemy" is the one who denies the existence of God, claims that the Bible is not true, and denies Jesus as well. Muslims are not the chief offenders here. We can look quite a bit closer to home to find those who categorically reject the foundations that Christianity and Islam share - something far more sinister and evil. Overall, our enemy is not "Muslims".

Of course, I would be glad to call all people to repent and follow Jesus, whether they are evangelical Christians who think they should carry a gun, Muslims, or Episcopalians. I must admit that I seem to spend most of my time trying to reach the former.
Jesus is God. Anyone of any faith who does not believe this is lost so all in this position need reached for salvation. The Holy Spirits indwelling then for sanctifying work.

Islam is considered a heresy, false teaching to begin with, never a Christian faith.

Episcopalian from what you're conveying, must be a part of the "falling away" which prophetically speaking, will be a worldwide scenario before Christ returns for His Church.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

If one believes Jesus is God, then one will obey what he taught us to do, or at least desire to obey.
0 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Valerie wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:40 am Episcopalian from what you're conveying, must be a part of the "falling away" which prophetically speaking, will be a worldwide scenario before Christ returns for His Church.
Some Episcopalians have fallen away, but their official beliefs still hold to many of the basic truths of Christianity.
Explore The Book of Common Prayer, their official document: https://bcponline.org/
1 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:40 am If one believes Jesus is God, then one will obey what he taught us to do, or at least desire to obey.
Amen. Islam needs to believe Jesus is who He said he is and not kill their phone when they convert to Christianity.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Valerie wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:07 pm
Josh wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:40 am If one believes Jesus is God, then one will obey what he taught us to do, or at least desire to obey.
Amen. Islam needs to believe Jesus is who He said he is and not kill their phone when they convert to Christianity.
Obeying Jesus is a lot more than just “believing he is who he said he is”. It also means obeying what he taught.

So for example when I see Orthodox priests blessing soldiers to go out and kill each other, I feel like they aren’t following what Jesus taught, but are instead very similar to Islam.

I do think it’s ok to kill your phone if you convert to Christianity although I wouldn’t say it’s a requirement.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Valerie wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:07 pm Amen. Islam needs to believe Jesus is who He said he is and not kill their phone when they convert to Christianity.
This forum has homed my skills in deciphering malapropisms, but I must admit this one has me stumped.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

ohio jones wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:32 pm
Valerie wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:07 pm Amen. Islam needs to believe Jesus is who He said he is and not kill their phone when they convert to Christianity.
This forum has homed my skills in deciphering malapropisms, but I must admit this one has me stumped.
Me thinks you knew what i meant :oops: "own" not phone. Talk texting on work break
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:13 pm
Valerie wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:07 pm
Obeying Jesus is a lot more than just “believing he is who he said he is”. It also means obeying what he taught.

So for example when I see Orthodox priests blessing soldiers to go out and kill each other, I feel like they aren’t following what Jesus taught, but are instead very similar to Islam.

I do think it’s ok to kill your phone if you convert to Christianity although I wouldn’t say it’s a requirement.
Jesus said I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through Me.
0 x
Franklin
Affiliation: Old Testament

Post by Franklin »

Valerie wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:01 pm Jesus said I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through Me.
I asked a Muslim about this passage and he said that it was true when Jesus said it because at that time Jesus was the last prophet, but that once Muhammad came, he offered an alternative. Obviously Christians disagree, but my point again is that Muslims aren't that far from real Christians.

I was reading the New Testament today and the parable of the two sons in Matthew 21:28-32 seems relevant to this thread. Protestants are like the second son.
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Franklin wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:51 pm
Valerie wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:01 pm Jesus said I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through Me.
I asked a Muslim about this passage and he said that it was true when Jesus said it because at that time Jesus was the last prophet, but that once Muhammad came, he offered an alternative. Obviously Christians disagree, but my point again is that Muslims aren't that far from real Christians.

I was reading the New Testament today and the parable of the two sons in Matthew 21:28-32 seems relevant to this thread. Protestants are like the second son.
I don't know if you watched the message from this former Muslim. I think he would completely disagree with your statement. And he lived it. You have not. And I've heard the testimony of many of former Muslim and I can't imagine they would agree with your statement. At all.

I could post many testimonies of former Muslims who "actually" know the difference
Here's this man's message without the Church service:

0 x