Darwin's Dilemma - the fossil record doesn't support his theory

Messages, Lectures and talks that relate, or connect to Anabapatist theology.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Darwin's Dilemma - the fossil record doesn't support his theory

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:15 pmMock away.
The evolutionist would have us believe:

- Human beings arose spontaneously out of a "primordial soup" consisting of random chemicals, and then got struck by lightning which caused order to form.

- Lizards sprouted wings and turned into birds and learned to fly.

- Different races of humans evolved from different kinds of animals. For example, white people from chimpanzees and Asians from orangutans. (Note that this particularly racist view is something most evolutionists pretend they never held and prefer not to talk abut.)

- The earth is millions or billions of years old, despite the lack of any evidence (e.g. there is no dust on the moon, as opposed to the many feet deep of dust the lunar mission expected based on evolutionary "science")

- For the Christian evolutionist: when Genesis says God created the world, it means God actually let the universe evolve for billions of years and through millions of years of death, God somehow ordained that an amoeba would evolve into a fish which would evolve into a gorilla which then evolved into a human being.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:35 pm
Ken wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:15 pmMock away.
The evolutionist would have us believe:

- Human beings arose spontaneously out of a "primordial soup" consisting of random chemicals, and then got struck by lightning which caused order to form.

- Lizards sprouted wings and turned into birds and learned to fly.

- Different races of humans evolved from different kinds of animals. For example, white people from chimpanzees and Asians from orangutans. (Note that this particularly racist view is something most evolutionists pretend they never held and prefer not to talk abut.)

- The earth is millions or billions of years old, despite the lack of any evidence (e.g. there is no dust on the moon, as opposed to the many feet deep of dust the lunar mission expected based on evolutionary "science")

- For the Christian evolutionist: when Genesis says God created the world, it means God actually let the universe evolve for billions of years and through millions of years of death, God somehow ordained that an amoeba would evolve into a fish which would evolve into a gorilla which then evolved into a human being.
I'd say you are doing a better job of mocking the creationist viewpoint. But please proceed. It is entertaining.

No dust on the moon? Seriously? https://www.wired.com/story/the-next-bi ... moon-dust/
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:47 pm I'd say you are doing a better job of mocking the creationist viewpoint. But please proceed. It is entertaining.
Ken, do you honestly believe your great-great-great-...-great-grandfather is a monkey?
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:50 pm
Ken wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:47 pm I'd say you are doing a better job of mocking the creationist viewpoint. But please proceed. It is entertaining.
Ken, do you honestly believe your great-great-great-...-great-grandfather is a monkey?
No scientist believes that. And science isn't about "belief"

What an actual scientist would say is that evolutionary theory supported by a tremendous amount of scientific evidence (from the fossil record to modern gene sequencing) suggests that both humans and modern monkeys descended from a common ancestor that existed maybe 50 million years ago*.

*The timeline is off the top of my head so don't quibble with the 50 million part. But that is the gist of it.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Evolution theorists have never shown increase of data. To do so they would have to accurately know what all the DNA was used for and show an increase of information by increased DNA. They certainly have shown change in laboratory settings to what e-coli can digest and have claimed things as change but they cannot prove yet that even e-coli is actually gaining more information versus just gene selection.
Every living thing is having genetic decay, increased genetic diseases, reproductive problems will continue to get worse. We will continue to blame anything but the fall of man in the beginning.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:56 pm

What an actual scientist would say is that evolutionary theory supported by a tremendous amount of scientific evidence (from the fossil record to modern gene sequencing) suggests that both humans and modern monkeys descended from a common ancestor that existed maybe 50 million years ago*.

*The timeline is off the top of my head so don't quibble with the 50 million part. But that is the gist of it.
Okay. So do you believe your great-great-great-...-grandfather is a fish?
0 x
danfreed
Affiliation: MtValleyMenno/Faith

Post by danfreed »

Outsider wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:41 am Free to watch if you can suffer through the commercials (not a whole lot of them, though). Proof of intelligent design in the fossil record.

https://tubitv.com/movies/612878/darwin-s-dilemma
To Outsider....
Do you have other observations on Darwin's Dilemma?
I watched part of the film and found it interesting.

Several Bible passages came to my mind related to creation.

Hebrews 12:3 Amplified Bible
"By faith we understand that the worlds were framed (fashioned, put in order, and equipped for their intended purpose) by the word of God, so that what we see was not made out of things which are visible."

Accepting the Bible Genesis record of Creation takes faith, in my experience.
Faith is also needed for those who accept the evolutionary hypothesis as an explanation of the origins of life.
Personally, I find the creation/Intelligent design explanation to better align with the observable world; compared to the theory that random simple molecules organized themselves into complex life forms.
Various present day observations support this point, including the surface of my desk, our storage shed, and people in general.
All drift toward chaos and dysfunction, rather than beauty and purpose. (Unless an outside person/force acts on the situation)

In the Gospel of John chapter 1, Jesus is described as "the Word", existing with God the Father from the beginning, and as the Creator of all things.
He is also the amazing Savior for all who receive Him.

John 1 (21st Century King James Version)
"1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made.
4 In Him was life, and that life was the Light of men.
5 And the Light shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not.

12 But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to those who believe in His name,

13 who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only Begotten of the Father), full of grace and truth."
1 x
My spiritual perspectives are Jesus-centered, evangelical anabaptist, New Testament Bible based...
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:35 pm

You are familiar with evolutionary theory. Are we going to go through this line of questioning for every single species? There are only 64,000 vertebrate species to go.

How about you. If we are talking about Genesis, do you believe that Noah gathered samples of every single of the approximately 64,000 vertebrate species on earth, samples of every single of approximately 1.25 million invertebrate species on earth, samples of the approximately 320,000 plant species on earth, from every biome and every continent on the planet. Polar bears from the arctic, kangaroos from Australia, bison from North America, redwoods from California, Baobab trees from Africa, sloths from Central America as well as all of their habitat and food needs for a 40-day journey? Plus all the water that all those millions of species need to survive (since the oceans are saltwater). And then the volume of water on earth magically increased 2-fold in order to cover the entire planet with water and then magically shrank back in half. And then 150 days later Noah whisked the ark around the planet like Santa's sleigh putting back every single plant and animal species in each biome where it belongs on every continent? How long to you think this process would take? If it took him just one minute to collect and samples of each species and he worked 12 hours per day that would take him about 8 years to collect them all and 8 years to put them all back. While presumably feeding and keeping them all in the ark while he continued this process? And then when two of each species are put back on each bare, lifeless, continent, what are they all going to eat during the centuries it takes for all the earth's plant and animal species to rebuild?

Is that what you believe actually happened? Word for word as described in Genesis 6?
Last edited by Ken on Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

Ken wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:08 pm
Josh wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:35 pm

You are familiar with evolutionary theory. Are we going to go through this line of questioning for every single species? There are only 64,000 vertebrate species to go.

How about you. If we are talking about Genesis, do you believe that Noah gathered samples of every single of the approximately 64,000 vertebrate species on earth, samples of every single of approximately 1.25 million invertebrate species on earth, samples of the approximately 320,000 plant species on earth, from every biome and every continent on the planet. Polar bears from the arctic, kangaroos from Australia, bison from North America, redwoods from California, Baobab trees from Africa, sloths from Central America as well as all of their habitat and food needs for a 40-day journey? Plus all the water that all those millions of species need to survive (since the oceans are saltwater). And then the volume of water on earth magically increased 2-fold in order to cover the entire planet with water and then magically shrank back in half. And then 150 days later Noah whisked the ark around the planet like Santa's sleigh putting back every single plant and animal species in each biome where it belongs on every continent? How long to you think this process would take? If it took him just one minute to collect and samples of each species and he worked 12 hours per day that would take him about 8 years to collect them all and 8 years to put them all back. While presumably feeding and keeping them all in the ark while he continued this process?

Is that what you believe actually happened? Word for word as described in Genesis 6?

Do you really believe Jesus died on that cross and was actually dead? And then He rose from the dead back to actual life?
2 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh

Post by Josh »

Ken,

Yes, I believe the Bible is true.

I don’t believe everything “scientists” say. Some of the experts right now say men can get pregnant. Needless to say, I’m more confident in the Bible than in modern day “experts”.
1 x