Darwin's Dilemma - the fossil record doesn't support his theory

Messages, Lectures and talks that relate, or connect to Anabapatist theology.
Outsider
Affiliation: Church of Christ

Re: Darwin's Dilemma - the fossil record doesn't support his theory

Post by Outsider »

danfreed wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:54 pm
Faith is also needed for those who accept the evolutionary hypothesis as an explanation of the origins of life.
Yes, it is. It really vexes atheists when you point this out to them. "Life has never been created from non-living substances in the laboratory, but atheists have faith it will be." is a meme I created and drives them up the wall. It puts the burden of proof on them, and there is no proof.

Personally, I find the creation/Intelligent design explanation to better align with the observable world; compared to the theory that random simple molecules organized themselves into complex life forms.

As do I, which is why I'm not an athiest. Well, there are other reasons, but they're not applicable to this thread.
Various present day observations support this point, including the surface of my desk, our storage shed, and people in general.
All drift toward chaos and dysfunction, rather than beauty and purpose. (Unless an outside person/force acts on the situation)

In the Gospel of John chapter 1, Jesus is described as "the Word", existing with God the Father from the beginning, and as the Creator of all things.
He is also the amazing Savior for all who receive Him.

John 1 (21st Century King James Version)
"1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made.
4 In Him was life, and that life was the Light of men.
5 And the Light shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehended it not.

12 But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to those who believe in His name,

13 who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only Begotten of the Father), full of grace and truth."
I agree.
1 x
1 Peter 4:11
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;

Hebrews 1:14
Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?