the mark of the beast

Messages, Lectures and talks that relate, or connect to Anabapatist theology.
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

the mark of the beast

Post by Soloist »

justme wrote:
and so i don't know where i stand on the vaccine. do i want it? no. will i take it once it becomes mandatory? dragging my feet the whole way, but yes. i want to be able to buy and sell, i want to be able to live my normal life. i've said all along, this whole covid thing is an exercise in control. yes, i know there is very serious illness involved, but we are being trained to allow the disruption of families along mask/no mask lines, and the vaccine/no vaccine line will be just as disrupting to families.
This thought struck me, my father has basically compared it to the mark of the beast although I don't know if he was serious and likely he will get it at some point. Peter Hoover talked about this and its very ramble like to say the least but what stuck out to me was the idea of a cyclic mark. Listen to it and give your thoughts in relation to mandated vaccines and the cyclic idea or anything else related that jumps out to you.
part 1
https://www.victorymusicservices.org/?c ... nner#popup

part 2
https://www.victorymusicservices.org/?c ... nner#popup

if the links don't work, its under https://www.victorymusicservices.org/an ... onference/ for 2018, David Bercot also has something there but I don't remember it and would have to listen to it again.

I don't personally believe its the mark just to clarify but it its funny that social media is banning any stuff suggesting it is.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: the mark of the beast

Post by Bootstrap »

I think this is helpful:

COVID-19 and The Mark of the Beast
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Bootstrap wrote:I think this is helpful:

Yeah... Listen to the recording before posting please.

Again, I'm not saying this is the mark, but I will point out that when the mark comes if it only comes one time (listen to the recording) likely people would say its not the mark.
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Soloist wrote:
Bootstrap wrote:I think this is helpful:

Yeah... Listen to the recording before posting please.

Again, I'm not saying this is the mark, but I will point out that when the mark comes if it only comes one time (listen to the recording) likely people would say its not the mark.
There are/have been a few different things that meet some of the criteria of the "mark". If you believe in a literal 'mark' then it is equally important to recognize the preceding verses pointing to the deception and the perverted object of worship. I believe many of us are too close to what Jesus said to the Samaritan woman, "You worship what you do not know".
1 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

Did anyone listen to this? Or is Peter Hoover already on your crazy do not call list?
0 x
Wade
Affiliation: kingdom Christian

Post by Wade »

Soloist wrote:Did anyone listen to this? Or is Peter Hoover already on your crazy do not call list?
It took me a bit but I listened to it, but I did. It is kind of slow moving but he does make a good point at the end that I appreciate his perspective. Before I even listened I had a friend a few weeks back telling me the vaccine was the mark of the beast and kept telling to not get the mark of the beast! I told him running from the mark of the beast wasn't good enough and then quoted
Revelations 22 3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
And asked him if he had God's name in his forehead... He got pretty concerned and asked if I was trying to fool him... Nope, I was serious. - I think Peter was trying to make a similar point.

I like Peter Hoover - he said for me to stop by his place sometime - and I would if I ever go to the USA...
My 14 year old is reading the Secret of the Strength right now. :P I'm happy about that.
1 x
PetrChelcicky
Affiliation: none

Post by PetrChelcicky »

My idea about the Antichrist is that some models of him have already shown up and other will follow, and at first their imitation of Christ was rather clumsy, but the imitation gets somewhat better each time and at last it will be rather perfect, good enough to fool most Christian churches.
Is this what you mean with "cyclic"?
0 x
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

PetrChelcicky wrote:My idea about the Antichrist is that some models of him have already shown up and other will follow, and at first their imitation of Christ was rather clumsy, but the imitation gets somewhat better each time and at last it will be rather perfect, good enough to fool most Christian churches.
Is this what you mean with "cyclic"?

Well Peter Hoover is the one that used the term...

but it seemed to me that there have been references to things throughout the ages were some have taken a stand on things that seem irrational but in hindsight the stance blessed the individual and those who compromised did not have that testimony. My thought was more that there are marks throughout the ages for us to reject and follow Jesus instead and for some, those marks are choices that reject the leadership of Christ through our convictions.
War bonds was one, the Russian passport another, and so on. To those that took these stances, they were rejections of Christ if they accepted them.
This doesn't mean its a mark for everyone... but the idea of a cyclic mark is more that ever generation will have something to choose on and faithfulness is often shown by why we do and do not do.
At least this is how I took it and the lengthy talks on our lifestyle might bare that out some but you'd have to listen to it.
0 x
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Post by gcdonner »

If you check your eschatology, you will note that only those who believe in futurism think the mark of the beast could be present, but fail to remember that it comes (according to that theology) after the rapture. In that system of thinking, if you are still around for the mark, you weren't "saved" in the first place.
Rather than playing "pin the tail on the beast" (it's been going on for over 2000 years), why not make sure that you have received the Seal of God, which is the antithesis of and the only remedy for the mark.
Even some in the early church realized that it referred to Nero of the first century, yet here we are still dragging him out millennia later.
2 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Soloist

Post by Soloist »

gcdonner wrote:If you check your eschatology, you will note that only those who believe in futurism think the mark of the beast could be present, but fail to remember that it comes (according to that theology) after the rapture. In that system of thinking, if you are still around for the mark, you weren't "saved" in the first place.
Rather than playing "pin the tail on the beast" (it's been going on for over 2000 years), why not make sure that you have received the Seal of God, which is the antithesis of and the only remedy for the mark.
Even some in the early church realized that it referred to Nero of the first century, yet here we are still dragging him out millennia later.
I take it you didn't listen to it either.
0 x