Fundamentalism-Chester Weaver-Anabaptist Perspectives

Messages, Lectures and talks that relate, or connect to Anabapatist theology.
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Fundamentalism-Chester Weaver-Anabaptist Perspectives

Post by barnhart »

Wade wrote:
barnhart wrote:
Neto wrote:Sort of an aside here, but about "Two Kingdom" Theology:
...It seems to me that the term "Two Kingdom" is looking in from the outside, while the view from inside says that there is only one kingdom to which I may belong, only the one upon which my focus should rest. (Actually, when I first heard the term "Two Kingdom", I thought that the person was expressing the idea of dual citizenship...
Exactly. Talking of two kingdoms and searching the New Testament for instructions on how to relate to both, does shift the focus from living in absolute compliance with the one Kingdom that truly matters.
As soon as you say "the one Kingdom that truly matters" you are automatically implying there is at least another one and so maybe talking of "two kingdoms" - so it can easily sound like you are contradicting yourself...?
I like to imagine myself to be a patriotic nationalist for the Kingdom of Jesus. Patriotic nationalists for some version of america don't talk a lot about the validity or strong points of competing nations. They don't talk so much about the US commitments or responsibilities to international organizations like the UN. They don't refer to themselves as dual citizens of the US and the international community.
0 x