Anabaptist Identity Conference 2020 - Mt. Hope, OH

Messages, Lectures and talks that relate, or connect to Anabapatist theology.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Anabaptist Identity Conference 2020 - Mt. Hope, OH

Post by Josh »

Valerie wrote:
Josh wrote:
QuietlyListening wrote:I'm not taking supplements because of the virus- it's part of my daily routine to keep a healthy immune system.
And I’m saying there is no guidance that that affects COVID-19. I’m going to be a stickler that any advice beyond what the CDC and WHO are saying is questionable advice.
What evidence are you referring to? If they're saying elderly & people with underlying health issues are at highest risk, why would a healthy immune system be of no value?
Taking supplements does not have a link to not getting COVID-19.
0 x
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

I'm not saying taking supplements will prevent me or anyone from getting this virus. But a healthy immune system is not bad

I'm not looking to buy silver solution or anything else someone wants to say will cure this, will prevent this but I also don't believe it is wrong to be cautious and to be as healthy as I can including building up my immune system.
There’s some evidence a healthy immune system might make COVID-19 worse.
Can you tell me where you saw this, Josh? I would be interested in reading more. So far I haven't seen this in any of my reading.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

https://www.nytimes.com/article/coronav ... ptoms.html

Specifically, the immune response causing inflammation in the lungs thus making it harder to breathe.

There is speculation a “cytokine storm” happens in some patients; one way of treating that is immunosuppressants.

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/12/21176783/ ... m-syndrome

All I’m saying here is not have faith in some regimen of vitamins and minerals and supplements to somehow protect you from this disease.
0 x
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

I'm not. It's just part of my daily regimen and I'm not expecting it to keep me from getting it. Maybe or maybe not my immune system will help. We don't know as this virus is so unknown and ultimately I know my times are in the Lord's hands, not my own. But I know to keep my immune system is good for overall health and I'm not going to deliberately make it worse.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

QuietlyListening wrote:I'm not. It's just part of my daily regimen and I'm not expecting it to keep me from getting it. Maybe or maybe not my immune system will help. We don't know as this virus is so unknown and ultimately I know my times are in the Lord's hands, not my own. But I know to keep my immune system is good for overall health and I'm not going to deliberately make it worse.
Of course. That makes sense.

The CDC, NIH, and state level health departments have advice to follow, I think it’s best we all stick to that.
0 x
violet
Affiliation:

Post by violet »

https://www.disabledveterans.org/2020/0 ... goyUkcpsXU

“While influenza vaccination offers protection against influenza, natural influenza infection may reduce the risk of non-influenza respiratory viruses by providing temporary, non-specific immunity against these viruses. On the other hand, recently published studies have described the phenomenon of vaccine-associated virus interference; that is, vaccinated individuals may be at increased risk for other respiratory viruses because they do not receive the non-specific immunity associated with natural infection.”

The study, published in the scientific journal Vaccine January 2020, was conducted by the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Branch Air Force Satellite at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.

Taken at face value, the study indicates people who receive the flu vaccine are at increased risk for coronavirus pre-COVID-19. Like veterans, current service members, school teachers, and medical professionals, the study population consisted of a population with a history of being heavily vaccinated.

“The DoD provides a unique population for vaccination studies as mandatory vaccination against influenza is required by the DoD for all Active Duty and Reserve Component personnel. This study aims to examine the relationship between specific respiratory viruses and influenza vaccination. The protocol for this study was reviewed and approved as exempt by the Air Force Research Laboratory Institutional Review Board.”

so, there is lots of "advice" out there.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

When there’s a vaccine for this, I hope it’s mandatory.
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Josh wrote:
Valerie wrote:
Josh wrote:
And I’m saying there is no guidance that that affects COVID-19. I’m going to be a stickler that any advice beyond what the CDC and WHO are saying is questionable advice.
What evidence are you referring to? If they're saying elderly & people with underlying health issues are at highest risk, why would a healthy immune system be of no value?
Taking supplements does not have a link to not getting COVID-19.
The dreaded double negative?
But not a provable negative, at this point.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Josh

Post by Josh »

They haven’t had a link to defeating other coronavirus type diseases, like the common cold. So, no, I’ll go out in a limb and say it’s ineffective, even though I don’t have proof.
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Josh wrote:They haven’t had a link to defeating other coronavirus type diseases, like the common cold. So, no, I’ll go out in a limb and say it’s ineffective, even though I don’t have proof.
Covid-19 being a "new" Coronavirus, there is no proof about effectiveness of supplements ether way.
I have not had influenza of any type for probably 30-40 years, and no vaccinations.
As for the common cold, on the rare occasions where I do start to present symptoms, I have been able to get rid of them within 48 hours.
Sick days? What's that?
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown