Anabaptist Identity Conference 2020 - Mt. Hope, OH

Messages, Lectures and talks that relate, or connect to Anabapatist theology.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Anabaptist Identity Conference 2020 - Mt. Hope, OH

Post by Josh »

Neto wrote:I think there is a list of exceptions for larger meetings here in Ohio (over 100 people), but perhaps special meetings of this nature would not qualify, especially since it would bring people from many other areas.
The governor's banned meetings of over 100 people.

From the governor's Twitter:
Shortly, @DrAmyActon will be issuing an order banning mass gatherings of 100+ in #Ohio

"New Ban: Large Gatherings of 100+ People In A Single Room or Space"

This includes auditoriums, stadiums, arenas, large conference rooms, meeting halls, cafeterias, or any other confined indoor or outdoor space. This also includes parades, fairs, and festivals.

FOR CLARITY: a mass gathering does NOT include normal operations at airports, bus and train stations, medical facilities, shopping malls, shopping centers or other spaces where 100 or more people may be in transit.

It does NOT apply to typical office environments, schools, restaurants, factories, or retail or grocery stores where large groups of people are present but it is unusual for them to be within an arm’s length of one another.

This order does NOT apply to religious gatherings or gatherings for the purpose of exercising First Amendment protected speech.

The purpose of these orders is to help #Ohio keep social distancing. Our citizens must not only take steps to protect themselves but to also protect others.
The director of Ohio's Department of Health, Amy Acton, believes 1% of the population is infected - that's 100,000 people.
0 x
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

Here is the complete statement.
https://content.govdelivery.com/attachm ... .12.20.pdf

While it DOES exclude religious gatherings (under the right to freedom of speech act), and also schools, I have heard that all schools will be closed for at least three weeks. (I was told this directly - did not see or hear it in the news. I also just heard that the President has been directly exposed, through a meeting with Brazilian President Bolsonaro, and an aid, who apparently already had it when they came to the US. Also, they said that President Bolsonaro has come down with it.)

Edit - correction:
President Bolsonaro tested negative. If you read Portuguese or another Romance language:
https://agenciabrasil.ebc.com.br/saude/ ... oronavirus

An earlier report said that he tested positive:
https://www.diariodepernambuco.com.br/n ... da-co.html
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
Josh

Post by Josh »

The governor closed all schools effective Monday evening for a three-week spring break until April, to be extended longer if things don't improve.
0 x
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

"sharing natural flu fighting remedies"

HMMMM OK. As long as it does not include snake oil and equivalent type "cures". I will be really disappointed if I start seeing people taking advantage of this to push their latest MLM health products.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Nathan Overholt wrote:Good morning,

We regret that the Anabaptist Identity Conference has been cancelled due to the ban of large meetings put in place for the state of Ohio per the governor’s request. The conference was going to take place March 19 -21, 2020. Dates for reschedule will be forthcoming. We have no further details at this time.

During this time of men’s hearts failing them for fear, let’s spread peace and goodwill by sharing a word of cheer or through sharing natural flu fighting remedies!

Blessings,

AIC Planning Committee
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

appleman2006 wrote:"sharing natural flu fighting remedies"

HMMMM OK. As long as it does not include snake oil and equivalent type "cures". I will be really disappointed if I start seeing people taking advantage of this to push their latest MLM health products.
Whilst I wish folks the best with the natural flu fighting remedies, they may find they are ineffective against a coronavirus, which has nothing to do with the flu.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

I'm willing to bet this is a natural flu fighting remedy that the AIC planners and Appleman might actually agree on.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Apples, oranges and vitamin c in abundance. A good multivitamin is important too. We wash hands. We take our vitamins. We gargle and we take those zinc tabs. God gave us brains and we also trust Him. All will be well.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

mike wrote:

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

I'm willing to bet this is a natural flu fighting remedy that the AIC planners and Appleman might actually agree on.
Sure. I am a strong believer in taking your vitamins. It is called a balanced diet.
0 x
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

Along with all that has been noted so far- good diet with lots for fruits and veggies, vitamins and/or zinc type immunity supplements, exercise, rest are good too. may not cure or fight the disease but will help keep a healthy immune system so if you do get it you are better prepared to fight it and maybe just be able to avoid it. Also we make our own kombucha and take that 2x/day.
0 x