Anabaptist Identity Conference 2020 - Mt. Hope, OH

Messages, Lectures and talks that relate, or connect to Anabapatist theology.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Anabaptist Identity Conference 2020 - Mt. Hope, OH

Post by Josh »

I’m a believer in getting a normal amount in a normal diet, but I will again restate that these will not effectively deal with COVID-19.

Please take precautions and do not assume you will be “special” because you take a vitamins regimen.
0 x
violet
Affiliation:

Post by violet »

I know in our family we do not think of ourselves as "special" because we use certain vitamins. We do try to honor our bodies by taking care of them though and health is part of that.

I wanted to post this. And, we may very well know of a situation where this information could be useful.

https://www.physiciansweekly.com/france ... ainst-use/

PARIS (Reuters) – France’s health minister on Saturday said people should not use anti-inflammatory drugs if they have coronavirus-like symptoms because it could worsen their condition.

“Taking anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, cortisone …) could be an aggravating factor for the infection. If you have a fever, take paracetamol,” Oliver Veran said on Twitter.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Valerie wrote:It's been known for a long time, vitamin V helps.
Google suggests various meanings for "Vitamin V", most of which I'm pretty sure you aren't taking. I'm gonna guess Vegetables.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

ohio jones wrote:
Google suggests various meanings for "Vitamin V", most of which I'm pretty sure you aren't taking. I'm gonna guess Vegetables.
I'm gonna guess c, which is next to v.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

silentreader wrote:
ohio jones wrote:
I'm gonna guess c, which is next to v.
You guessed right
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote:I’m a believer in getting a normal amount in a normal diet, but I will again restate that these will not effectively deal with COVID-19.

Please take precautions and do not assume you will be “special” because you take a vitamins regimen.
Special is not a good choice of words, but ok
0 x
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Valerie wrote:
silentreader wrote:
Josh wrote:Valerie,

There is no proof “natural” cures keep people from getting colds and the flu.

This kind of misinformation kills people, it’s irresponsible, and it won’t protect you from this plague.
I can't argue this for anybody else's experience or for all virus' but in my case there was a very definite before and after difference. So don't try and convince me that some supplements don't have beneficial benefits in some cases.
On the other hand, I am well aware that there is also "snake-oil" stuff out there, and I would not counsel anyone to depend on supplements to prevent or lessen the effects of the new coronavirus Covid-19.
That's where we are too. Plus the proof is in our own lives. A definite 'before & after' scenario. A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an argument. I sell an unbelievable amount of cold & flu medicine daily. It's just something we no longer need to purchase, but we used to. You can purchase preventative, live & eat right, or buy meds, miss work, go to Dr, buy antibiotics. But I too wouldn't say test God & expose yourself to Coronavirus, but the elderly & weak are more prone & usually that had to do with immune system, I'm not assuming anything, just have a testimony of what works for our home
Our experience tells us to keep up our vitamins too. At our age, we have weaker immune systems without the vitamins. The point about vitamins is that they do indeed strengthen the immune system (multiple medical studies) which means once exposed to a pathogen, a stronger immune system will be able to assist in a faster recovery and resist complications more effectively. Those who are dying from COVID-19 have compromised immune responses from age and/or co-morbid conditions. We do practice safety measures as we do know it's important to avoid contact with it to begin with. Unless we wear a HazMat suit full time we cannot control our environment completely. So the vitamins such as D, C and minerals such as Zinc are going to be crucial to a stronger immune system. You won't get them eating at McDonald's either.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

Josh wrote:I’m a believer in getting a normal amount in a normal diet, but I will again restate that these will not effectively deal with COVID-19.

don't worry josh
i know i'm not special.
and when it's all over, you can say i told you so.
because the fact of the matter is, i have several co-morbidities, and significant ones at that. so if i do come down with covid-19, i foresee that i will be one of the fatalities.
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

justme wrote:

don't worry josh
i know i'm not special.
and when it's all over, you can say i told you so.
because the fact of the matter is, i have several co-morbidities, and significant ones at that. so if i do come down with covid-19, i foresee that i will be one of the fatalities.
justme,

I hope you get to say “I told you so” to me, someday.
0 x
Aaron
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Aaron »

RZehr wrote:Those are old and the virus is resistant to them. CBD is where it’s at! ;)

The President , Vice President, and Health Advisors, all said otherwise -

vitamin C was used successfully this year ....

(unofficially by millions or even billions of people)....

Other things natural and inexpensive that worked during the infamous black plague, zika virus, ebola news, and so on...
still work perfectly when used appropriately (not under the "official" drug makers directions) ....
0 x