New: Anabaptist Perspectives Podcast

Messages, Lectures and talks that relate, or connect to Anabapatist theology.
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

New: Anabaptist Perspectives Podcast

Post by mike »

I recently found this new podcast and have listened to many of the episodes.

Anabaptist Perspectives

About:
Anabaptist Perspectives began in response to the void of accurate descriptions of conservative Anabaptist life and thought in accessible online media. Our weekly podcasts and videos are designed to describe and defend biblical elements of contemporary Anabaptist lifestyle and theology while promoting biblical discussions among Anabaptist people about social and cultural issues.

Video production is done through Bronze Bow Media. The project is under the oversight of Wellspring Mennonite Church of Athens, Tennessee. Operations and episodes are supervised by a five-member advisory committee.

Opinions expressed in all episodes are those of the individual speaker and do not necessarily represent the views or beliefs of the producers, advisory committee, or Wellspring Mennonite Church.
Podcast available on Google Play, Apple, Soundcloud.

Lots of familiar names and issues for conservative Anabaptists here. I'm enjoying the podcast.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
PeterG
Affiliation: Conserv. Mennonite

Re: New: Anabaptist Perspectives Podcast

Post by PeterG »

Thanks for mentioning this! I've been meaning to but hadn't gotten around to it. When I found out about it a couple of months ago I was surprised that it hadn't crossed my radar yet.
0 x
"It is a weird" —Ken
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

Thank you for this terrific resource, Mike!
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

I listened to several episodes while putting camping supplies back and reorganizing my camping closet. Very well done and interesting.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Jazman
Affiliation: Lanc Menno Conf

Post by Jazman »

Thanks for sharing this Mike. Can't wait to listen to it all. I believe I'll be encouraged, challenged and blessed.
0 x
A history that looks back to a mythologized past as the country’s perfect time is a key tool of authoritarians. It allows them to characterize anyone who opposes them as an enemy of the country’s great destiny. - Heather Cox Richardson
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

The podcast is now running a series of sermons from a men's retreat by Steve Brubaker, which are quite good. I highly recommend them.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

i’m enjoying it, too. :D
i discovered ”Daughters of Promise” quarterly Anabaptist women’s magazine/book, and, along with it, a link to receive weekly email devotions. looking forward to reading more as they come along.

i hope Mennogal notices this.
if i recall, she was asking about devotions.

i have not seen anything quite like this before. (by+for CM women.)
i hope i will not be excluded. i saw nothing so far like that. i do not want to overstep.

this may be something i’ll be able to share with my daughter+grdaughter.
i’ll be thinking of it.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN