Anabaptist Identity Conference 2020 - Mt. Hope, OH

Messages, Lectures and talks that relate, or connect to Anabapatist theology.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Anabaptist Identity Conference 2020 - Mt. Hope, OH

Post by Josh »

silentreader wrote:
Josh wrote:They haven’t had a link to defeating other coronavirus type diseases, like the common cold. So, no, I’ll go out in a limb and say it’s ineffective, even though I don’t have proof.
Covid-19 being a "new" Coronavirus, there is no proof about effectiveness of supplements ether way.
I have not had influenza of any type for probably 30-40 years, and no vaccinations.
As for the common cold, on the rare occasions where I do start to present symptoms, I have been able to get rid of them within 48 hours.
Sick days? What's that?
Lucky for you. These diseases do infect most people every year, and there is no medical efficacy to some kind of prevention regimen, despite what snake oil salesmen like Jim Bakker tell you.

Lots of people never get colds or flu who have unhealthy lifestyles. Other people take lots of precautions and still get sick.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote:
silentreader wrote:
Josh wrote:They haven’t had a link to defeating other coronavirus type diseases, like the common cold. So, no, I’ll go out in a limb and say it’s ineffective, even though I don’t have proof.
Covid-19 being a "new" Coronavirus, there is no proof about effectiveness of supplements ether way.
I have not had influenza of any type for probably 30-40 years, and no vaccinations.
As for the common cold, on the rare occasions where I do start to present symptoms, I have been able to get rid of them within 48 hours.
Sick days? What's that?
Lucky for you. These diseases do infect most people every year, and there is no medical efficacy to some kind of prevention regimen, despite what snake oil salesmen like Jim Bakker tell you.

Lots of people never get colds or flu who have unhealthy lifestyles. Other people take lots of precautions and still get sick.
Not luck. At all
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

silentreader wrote:
Sick days? What's that?
Same with us. Used to, my husband got SO sick with colds & seasonal allergies. It was terrible. When some of these new (but old) natural supplements were being encouraged, his ability to prevent or fight common colds & seasonal allergies changed his life. It's a huge deal to us, it's made a marked difference in our lives
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Valerie,

There is no proof “natural” cures keep people from getting colds and the flu.

This kind of misinformation kills people, it’s irresponsible, and it won’t protect you from this plague.
0 x
silentreader
Affiliation: MidWest Fellowship

Post by silentreader »

Josh wrote:Valerie,

This kind of misinformation kills people, it’s irresponsible, and it won’t protect you from this plague.
I can't argue this for anybody else's experience or for all virus' but in my case there was a very definite before and after difference. So don't try and convince me that some supplements don't have beneficial benefits in some cases.
On the other hand, I am well aware that there is also "snake-oil" stuff out there, and I would not counsel anyone to depend on supplements to prevent or lessen the effects of the new coronavirus Covid-19.
0 x
Noah was a conspiracy theorist...and then it began to rain.~Unknown
Josh

Post by Josh »

silentreader wrote:

I can't argue this for anybody else's experience or for all virus' but in my case there was a very definite before and after difference. So don't try and convince me that some supplements don't have beneficial benefits in some cases.
On the other hand, I am well aware that there is also "snake-oil" stuff out there, and I would not counsel anyone to depend on supplements to prevent or lessen the effects of the new coronavirus Covid-19.
Thank you.
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

silentreader wrote:

That's where we are too. Plus the proof is in our own lives. A definite 'before & after' scenario. A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an argument. I sell an unbelievable amount of cold & flu medicine daily. It's just something we no longer need to purchase, but we used to. You can purchase preventative, live & eat right, or buy meds, miss work, go to Dr, buy antibiotics. But I too wouldn't say test God & expose yourself to Coronavirus, but the elderly & weak are more prone & usually that had to do with immune system, I'm not assuming anything, just have a testimony of what works for our home
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Exactly what is this “preventative” treatment you have for the common cold?
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote:Exactly what is this “preventative” treatment you have for the common cold?
It's been known for a long time, vitamin V helps. Zinc.. D3. All help immune system.
I can't remember last time I had a cold, it does seem God blessed me with a good immune system, but I do believe in vitamins to help
0 x
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

i'm a believer in Vitamin D3. and now Vitamin C.

here's my story.
in late 2014 i was diagnosed with lyme, and then in early 2015, with ITP. i say the 2 are related, and it's only been recently that my hematologist has agreed with me. because of the ITP, i've been on prednisone ever since. prednisone is an immuno-suppressant. (prednisone isn't fun. at all)

i used to get every respiratory infection that came along. nasty snotting head colds that ended up in my chest. at least twice a year. someone had a cold? i'd get it. without fail. and then in the course of testing for lyme, my vit d levels were also tested, and they were way low. i was told that most people w lyme have low vit d levels. and i've been on vit D3 ever since. recently i realized that i've gone several years without a respiratory infection. work colleagues can be coughing, and i've not caught it.

about a year ago, dr carter told me there has been some research indicating that Vitamin C may be helpful for ITP. he'd like me to try 1000 mg bid. well, sure, i'll do that. that's a whole lot better than taking chemo drugs to try to control the itp. my numbers used to fluctuate wildly up and down. the first thing that i noticed about 3 months into it, was that my numbers were staying about 50. which is "safe." normal is 140, but 50 is considered "safe". most hemo's don't treat until a person is less than 50. and then after a few months they went up to 148, next month, same. next month same. i was ecstatic. and then of course, came the mandatory flu vaccine this fall. so i made sure to have labs done just prior to the vaccine, and when i got symptoms, yup, i was back down in the 40's again. went back up on the prednisone just a bit, and i'm back in the 140's range again for the past several months. consistently.

i'm a believer in Vitamin D3 and Vitamin C.
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme