Anabaptist Identity Conference 2020 - Mt. Hope, OH

Messages, Lectures and talks that relate, or connect to Anabapatist theology.
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Re: Anabaptist Identity Conference 2020 - Mt. Hope, OH

Post by joshuabgood »

Don't forget a little wine for stomachs sake.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

MaxPC wrote:Apples, oranges and vitamin c in abundance. A good multivitamin is important too. We wash hands. We take our vitamins. We gargle and we take those zinc tabs. God gave us brains and we also trust Him. All will be well.
None of those things will prevent COVID-19.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

QuietlyListening wrote:Along with all that has been noted so far- good diet with lots for fruits and veggies, vitamins and/or zinc type immunity supplements, exercise, rest are good too. may not cure or fight the disease but will help keep a healthy immune system so if you do get it you are better prepared to fight it and maybe just be able to avoid it. Also we make our own kombucha and take that 2x/day.
There’s some evidence a healthy immune system might make COVID-19 worse. At this point let’s stick to what the CDC is saying. They are not saying to take supplements.
0 x
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

I'm not taking supplements because of the virus- it's part of my daily routine to keep a healthy immune system.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

QuietlyListening wrote:I'm not taking supplements because of the virus- it's part of my daily routine to keep a healthy immune system.
And I’m saying there is no guidance that that affects COVID-19. I’m going to be a stickler that any advice beyond what the CDC and WHO are saying is questionable advice.
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Josh wrote:
QuietlyListening wrote:I'm not taking supplements because of the virus- it's part of my daily routine to keep a healthy immune system.
And I’m saying there is no guidance that that affects COVID-19. I’m going to be a stickler that any advice beyond what the CDC and WHO are saying is questionable advice.
What about the “Silver Solution” that Jim Baker (of PTL Club fame) had been hawking?

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
DarkShallNotPrevail
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by DarkShallNotPrevail »

Josh wrote:
But.. But... what about elderberry syrup and colloidal silver?! Oregano and peppermint oil?! Apple cider vinegar!? :roll:
0 x
The meaning of life is to find your gift.
The purpose of life is to give it away.
-w.s.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Those are old and the virus is resistant to them. CBD is where it’s at! ;)
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

QuietlyListening wrote:Along with all that has been noted so far- good diet with lots for fruits and veggies, vitamins and/or zinc type immunity supplements, exercise, rest are good too. may not cure or fight the disease but will help keep a healthy immune system so if you do get it you are better prepared to fight it and maybe just be able to avoid it. Also we make our own kombucha and take that 2x/day.
People can make fun of supplements & natural ways to build immune system all they want. We do all we can in that way. In the 5.5 years I've worked as a cashier in a drugstore where I'm constantly exposed to sick people, I have never caught anything going around, either by sick customers or sick coworkers. If hubby or me get slightest hint at coming down with something- we do attack with black elderberry syrup in addition to our vitamins & symptoms dissppear, never develop into cold or flu. It does baffle my coworkers, I'm older & never get sick. My managers appreciate I've never called off so maybe it's hoakie to some but I will keep doing what seems to prevent us spending $ on medicine & Dr. Bills.

We were in Holmes County today & the big horse sale didn't get cancelled, Amish from all over were there
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Josh wrote:
What evidence are you referring to? If they're saying elderly & people with underlying health issues are at highest risk, why would a healthy immune system be of no value?
0 x