Kingdom Fellowship Weekend 2017

Messages, Lectures and talks that relate, or connect to Anabapatist theology.
Wayne in Maine
Location: Slightly above sea level, in the dear old State of Maine
Affiliation: Yielded

Re: Kingdom Fellowship Weekend 2017

Post by Wayne in Maine »

Josh wrote:
RZehr wrote:Looks like the Bostonians aren't speaking either.
There's a blurb on Sattler College - I wonder who will be presenting.

Based on my conversations with the Bostonians last year and conversations I have had since, they are going in a different direction - they primarily see KFW as an opportunity to evangelise and stake out ground for new converts (which is not entirely a bad thing, a lot of people at KFW don't have any home church), but they are not on board with KFW's ecumenical approach to things like baptism and marriage.
Evangelize whom, Anabaptists?
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Josh wrote:There's a blurb on Sattler College - I wonder who will be presenting.
Here's an extended blurb from MWR:
mennoworld.org/2017/08/28/news/founders-of-new-college-draw-from-anabaptism/
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Wayne in Maine wrote:
Josh wrote:
RZehr wrote:Looks like the Bostonians aren't speaking either.
There's a blurb on Sattler College - I wonder who will be presenting.

Based on my conversations with the Bostonians last year and conversations I have had since, they are going in a different direction - they primarily see KFW as an opportunity to evangelise and stake out ground for new converts (which is not entirely a bad thing, a lot of people at KFW don't have any home church), but they are not on board with KFW's ecumenical approach to things like baptism and marriage.
Evangelize whom, Anabaptists?
I'm pleased to report there was way, way less of this at KFW this year. Overall it was a positive experience and one I was glad I had friends come to, as opposed to cringing and wondering what I'd just got them into.
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Josh wrote:I'm pleased to report there was way, way less of this at KFW this year. Overall it was a positive experience and one I was glad I had friends come to, as opposed to cringing and wondering what I'd just got them into.
Tell us about it! What was it like? What did you like best?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
francis
Affiliation:

Post by francis »

I'd also like to know about the event, I've never been to a gathering larger than my local house church. (For anyone who's interested, there are recordings on their website, kingdomfellowshipweekend.org)
0 x