Kingdom Fellowship Weekend 2017

Messages, Lectures and talks that relate, or connect to Anabapatist theology.
cmbl
Affiliation: NMB attends Pilgrim

Kingdom Fellowship Weekend 2017

Postby cmbl » Thu May 18, 2017 9:28 am

https://kingdomfellowshipweekend.org
Scheduled for August 25-27.

In this year's brochure I detect some changes to the "About KFW" section. Formerly it wrote about "Biblical Christianity" without the current explicit mention of the "Anabaptist tradition."
0 x
"The church which holds the correct doctrine of grace has, it is supposed, ipso facto a part in that grace." -Bonhoeffer

Soloist

Re: Kingdom Fellowship Weekend 2017

Postby Soloist » Thu May 18, 2017 9:49 am

start on a denomination? I've wondered how long before we started seeing a new type of kingdom hall's out there :P
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat

RZehr
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Postby RZehr » Thu May 18, 2017 9:49 am

Looks like the Bostonians aren't speaking either.
1 x

Wayne in Maine

Postby Wayne in Maine » Thu May 18, 2017 10:23 am

RZehr wrote:Looks like the Bostonians aren't speaking either.

That's interesting, as I had assumed that they were much of the driving force behind that gathering.

My wife and I went last year (a big deal for my wife who seldom gets away to these types of gathering) but we are not planning to this year.
0 x

Josh

Postby Josh » Thu May 18, 2017 11:36 am

There's a blurb on Sattler College - I wonder who will be presenting.

Based on my conversations with the Bostonians last year and conversations I have had since, they are going in a different direction - they primarily see KFW as an opportunity to evangelise and stake out ground for new converts (which is not entirely a bad thing, a lot of people at KFW don't have any home church), but they are not on board with KFW's ecumenical approach to things like baptism and marriage.
0 x

joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Postby joshuabgood » Fri May 19, 2017 12:39 pm

Josh wrote:

There's a blurb on Sattler College - I wonder who will be presenting.

Based on my conversations with the Bostonians last year and conversations I have had since, they are going in a different direction - they primarily see KFW as an opportunity to evangelise and stake out ground for new converts (which is not entirely a bad thing, a lot of people at KFW don't have any home church), but they are not on board with KFW's ecumenical approach to things like baptism and marriage.

As a conservative Mennonite principal, I was/am in interested appropriate colleges for my seniors. Unfortunately, I can't get any response from the Sattler folks. I left messages on the "contact us" on the website, etc...but no dice (this was 2-3 months ago).

Ernie, do you know if the website is being actively monitored? Is there a timeline for operation?
0 x

Ernie
Affiliation: Cons. Anabaptist

Postby Ernie » Fri May 19, 2017 4:19 pm

joshuabgood wrote:As a conservative Mennonite principal, I was/am in interested appropriate colleges for my seniors. Unfortunately, I can't get any response from the Sattler folks. I left messages on the "contact us" on the website, etc...but no dice (this was 2-3 months ago).

Ernie, do you know if the website is being actively monitored? Is there a timeline for operation?

It would not surprise me if they are not yet responding. What these folks do, they tend to do well, but "customer support" can be hard to get until an endeavor is fully up and running and fully staffed. One email address of one of these folks has over 25,000 unanswered/unread emails. :(

I'll send you a PM with an email address that will likely get you a response.
0 x
Corporate worship, mutual aid, fellowship and mutual accountability characterize this community. An individualistic or self centered Anabaptism is a contradiction in terms. - Kevin Daugherty

Return to “Spoken Word”