WhatsApp for PC

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

WhatsApp for PC

Post by Ernie »

I use WhatsApp on my PC. For some reason it will start playing videos for a few seconds (that someone sends me) and then all I hear is the audio and get no more video. Anybody know what is causing this?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: WhatsApp for PC

Post by Josh »

Try using it in a web browser instead. Do you have something like Bluetooth earbuds, etc. hooked up to your PC?
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Josh wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:07 pm Try using it in a web browser instead. Do you have something like Bluetooth earbuds, etc. hooked up to your PC?
Thanks. Web browser works fine.

Yes, I have speakers hooked up to my elgato that you had recommended a couple years ago. And from elgato, a USB C into my laptop.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

The PC app can be flaky sometimes. I use both the app and Web so I can be signed into two different accounts at once.

My Elgato from a prior job is still working just fine too. Seems to be a good workhorse. However, I have had odd issues with its headphone/speakers port in the past. I use Apple AirPods these days, mostly for video-conferencing and teleconferencing.
0 x