Missiles and Drones

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Missiles and Drones

Post by Ernie »

We are definitely in a new age whenever it takes a 2 million dollar missile to neutralize a $2K drone weapon.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/1 ... n-00132480
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Re: Missiles and Drones

Post by Soloist »

There was a story that circulated in the military back in 2012… an unnamed ally shot down $100 Amazon drone with a $700,000 tomahawk.
We have the weapons we just don’t have them set on these ships or defenses.
Flak cannons are affectively shotguns and they were highly effective at taking aircraft down. Modern fighters and bombers either fly too fast or too high. Drones on the other hand… those problems don’t really apply.
War is not just fought by weapons, but also the economic engine. It’s easy to see who would win if we’re lobbing really expensive missiles at cheap drones.
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Missiles and Drones

Post by Josh »

Ernie wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:16 pm We are definitely in a new age whenever it takes a 2 million dollar missile to neutralize a $2K drone weapon.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/1 ... n-00132480
Sounds like a great quarterly earnings report for the defence sector who is selling those $2M missiles.
1 x