What AI has to say about....

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Re: What AI thinks about....

Post by MaxPC »

ken_sylvania wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:04 pm
Different people may have varying opinions on what constitutes "thinking," and the philosophical debate around AI consciousness is ongoing. In summary, while AI doesn't think in the way humans do, it can produce language that simulates understanding and reasoning within the context of its training data.
ChatterG always seems to end with a caveat about "varying opinions". Perhaps its lawyers trained it with a loophole clause. :lol: I think it needs better training.
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: What AI has to say about....

Post by RZehr »

From “Can we make MN less hostile?”
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1316
ChatGPT write
Bootstrap wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:36 pm Can we make MN a less hostile place? Can we make it a more useful place to discuss things and learn from each other? What would a better MN look like?
Creating a more constructive and welcoming atmosphere on Mennonet involves fostering open dialogue, respect for diverse perspectives, and a focus on learning from each other. A better Mennonet might:

1. **Community Guidelines:** Clear and well-defined community guidelines promoting respectful and constructive discussions can set the tone for interactions.

2. **Moderation:** Effective moderation that ensures discussions remain civil, on-topic, and free from hostility or offensive language.

3. **Educational Resources:** Providing educational resources or articles on various topics within the Mennonite community to encourage learning and understanding.

4. **Diverse Perspectives:** Encouraging diverse viewpoints and experiences to foster a richer understanding of different beliefs and practices within the Mennonite community.

5. **Collaborative Initiatives:** Facilitating collaborative initiatives, such as Q&A sessions, workshops, or online forums, where members can engage in constructive conversations and share knowledge.

6. **Positive Engagement:** Encouraging positive engagement by highlighting stories of community service, success, or initiatives that unite and inspire members.

By promoting a culture of mutual respect, inclusivity, and a genuine interest in understanding each other's viewpoints, Mennonet can transform into a space that nurtures learning, support, and meaningful discussions within the Mennonite community.
Number 4 seems to be the origin of some of the hostility.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

From “How can we make MN more hostile?” viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5260
ChatGPT wrote
To make Mennonet more hostile, certain actions or behaviors could be encouraged:

1. **Tolerance of Disrespect:** Encourage or allow disrespectful language, personal attacks, or derogatory remarks towards individuals or groups within the community.

2. **Fueling Division:** Emphasize divisive topics without promoting understanding or compromise, leading to heightened conflicts or polarization among members.

3. **Lack of Moderation:** Neglect or undermine effective moderation, allowing inflammatory or offensive content to persist without intervention.

4. **Closed-mindedness:** Discourage open dialogue and the acceptance of diverse perspectives, limiting discussions to a narrow range of viewpoints.

5. **Encouraging Misinformation:** Promote the spread of false information or rumors without fact-checking or verifying sources, leading to confusion and distrust among members.

Creating an environment conducive to hostility involves promoting negativity, intolerance, and the dismissal of differing opinions, ultimately undermining the sense of community and mutual respect within Mennonet.
1 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

This is all very funny! :laugh
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

RZehr wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:16 pm From “How can we make MN more hostile?” viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5260
ChatGPT wrote
To make Mennonet more hostile, certain actions or behaviors could be encouraged:

1. **Tolerance of Disrespect:** Encourage or allow disrespectful language, personal attacks, or derogatory remarks towards individuals or groups within the community.

2. **Fueling Division:** Emphasize divisive topics without promoting understanding or compromise, leading to heightened conflicts or polarization among members.

3. **Lack of Moderation:** Neglect or undermine effective moderation, allowing inflammatory or offensive content to persist without intervention.

4. **Closed-mindedness:** Discourage open dialogue and the acceptance of diverse perspectives, limiting discussions to a narrow range of viewpoints.

5. **Encouraging Misinformation:** Promote the spread of false information or rumors without fact-checking or verifying sources, leading to confusion and distrust among members.

Creating an environment conducive to hostility involves promoting negativity, intolerance, and the dismissal of differing opinions, ultimately undermining the sense of community and mutual respect within Mennonet.
not sure how you got it to say this...

when i type "How can we make MN more hostile?"
I get this.
"I'm sorry, but I cannot provide assistance or guidance on any activities that promote hostility, harm, or illegal actions. If you have any other non-harmful topics or questions you'd like information on, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to help.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Soloist
Affiliation: CM Seeker

Post by Soloist »

How can the forum Mennonet end up more hostile
That worked
0 x
Soloist, but I hate singing alone
Soloist, but my wife posts with me
Soloist, but I believe in community
Soloist, but I want God in the pilot seat
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

RZehr wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:12 pm From “Can we make MN less hostile?”
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1316
4. **Diverse Perspectives:** Encouraging diverse viewpoints and experiences to foster a richer understanding of different beliefs and practices within the Mennonite community.
Number 4 seems to be the origin of some of the hostility.
Is it? Of course there are diverse perspectives. But I think that one of the problems is this: people are offended by other people's views. It is offensive to believe X. And X is more often a political view than a religious one - we seem to have more tolerance for differing religious views.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

ChatGPT wrote:Rewarding Aggression: Institute a system that rewards aggressive and confrontational behavior with likes, badges, or other forms of recognition, reinforcing a hostile atmosphere.

Amplifying Echo Chambers: Create sub-forums or groups that exclusively cater to specific ideologies, discouraging interaction with differing opinions and fostering echo chambers.

Anonymous Attacks: Allow or even encourage members to post anonymously, providing a shield for individuals to launch personal attacks without accountability or consequences.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

A few guidelines for using ChatGPT:

1. Use ChatGPT 4, not 3.5.
2. Make sure it's actually reading and summarizing what you think it is. Find some way to verify that. I'm pretty sure it is not familiar with the content of MN and is just giving general guidelines for a forum. But I agree with those general guidelines ...
3. Think of it as a tool a lot like a search engine. You can't trust all of what a search engine finds. If you aren't able to check what it says, you shouldn't trust it too much.
4. Remember that human beings say a lot of plausible and false things too.
5. ChatGPT is a tool for human beings to use. But it can summarize a lot of information quickly and often accurately.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

ken_sylvania wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:31 am
ChatGPT wrote:Rewarding Aggression: Institute a system that rewards aggressive and confrontational behavior with likes, badges, or other forms of recognition, reinforcing a hostile atmosphere.

Amplifying Echo Chambers: Create sub-forums or groups that exclusively cater to specific ideologies, discouraging interaction with differing opinions and fostering echo chambers.

Anonymous Attacks: Allow or even encourage members to post anonymously, providing a shield for individuals to launch personal attacks without accountability or consequences.
Liking posts that trash someone, for instance. Piling on.
0 x