AI Image Creators

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: AI Image Creators

Post by Ken »

mike wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:07 pm
Ken wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:45 pm These have been floating around....

For some reason AI seems to have difficulty creating realistic hands. So weird looking hand and fingers are usually a giveaway that a photo is AI.
I noticed that Bing won't do AI images of politicians. How'd they do with these?

Gave me an upgrade in the looks department!
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Pelerin
Affiliation:

Post by Pelerin »

mike wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:27 pm "Mennonite"

_c627d08e-fbcd-42f2-8df8-8a98fd142448.jpeg
_34c61c57-bc0e-47ff-9cd6-9d09f71d1357.jpeg
It probably says a lot that the AI generated image for Mennonite is just Little House on the Prairie. The second image gets a little Anne of Green Gables in. The third image is the only one that even gets anywhere near actual Mennonite dress.

Also, we Mennonites are known for, let’s see, our windmills which we build in the middle of our wheat fields in the land of perpetual sunset where we live. We sure like wheat. So much so that we pose for family portraits in the middle of our wheat fields along with our Clydesdale horses. We love it so much in fact that we even, uh, grow it in our wagons. Also our non-Euclidean wagon wheels.

It’s very oddly specific. The only thing that changes between the pictures is the clothing and that’s wrong.
0 x
Pelerin
Affiliation:

Post by Pelerin »

Robert wrote: @Robert
FYI: when I try to upload an image I get an error that says, “Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.” Not sure if that’s a bug or a sign that we’ve been getting too out of hand.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Pelerin wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:10 pm
Robert wrote: @Robert
FYI: when I try to upload an image I get an error that says, “Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.” Not sure if that’s a bug or a sign that we’ve been getting too out of hand.
Post your image someplace else like flickr and then just link to it here using the "insert image" button.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

AI reminds me of the speech ability of parrots. Parrot owners have stories that "prove" the intelligence of their pets because they inserted a portion of speech in an oddly appropriate location. But they will not really interact with the bird as they would with a person with actual intelligence because they know that would be foolish. For example they wouldn't ask the bird to turn off the stove after the water boils. Similarly, if you ask enough good questions AI will eventually hit on a good answer, but it is still a parrot. Don't trust it for something important.
0 x