IT Tips

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: IT Tips

Post by ohio jones »

If you're using multiple monitors, Windows+Shift+Right/Left Arrow will move the current window to another monitor.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
wesleyb
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by wesleyb »

ohio jones wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:53 pm If you're using multiple monitors, Windows+Shift+Right/Left Arrow will move the current window to another monitor.
Unless your window is a maximized remote desktop session, in which case it is apparently interpreted as happening inside the session so nothing happens.
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Windows+Up Arrow = Maximize Active Window
Windows+Down Arrow = Un-maximize Active Window
Windows+Lift/Right Arrow = Move active window to fill half screen, then to other monitor.
0 x
eini76
Affiliation: denominational

Post by eini76 »

Ever accidentally closed a tab in your web browser that you didn't mean to? No worries! You can quickly reopen it by pressing 'Ctrl + Shift + T' (or 'Cmd + Shift + T' on Mac) on your keyboard. This keyboard shortcut works in most web browsers and can save you from the frustration of searching through your browsing history to find that lost tab.
0 x