Telikin Computers (for ease of use)

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Telikin Computers (for ease of use)

Post by temporal1 »

Telikin Computers
http://www.telikin.com/telikin_elite_2.php

(there is a more basic model, i presume less expensive?) not sure.

i just read about these, suggested for older folks who are intimidated by computers.
but, they may be useful for lots of folks, esp with vision problems, or other challenges.

cyberspace is weighted on the side of the young, as time passes, this will surely become balanced;
i think+hope, added maturity will be a "net" gain. :lol:
(an ohio jones moment?) ..

the U.S. is such a youthful country, there is no knowing if it will ever become an ancient civilization, that is too far away. most cultures have high regard for their elders, whereas the U.S. values (and idolizes) youth. :-|

in time, we may get beyond that, again, no way to know just yet.
God's will, not ours.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Telikin Computers (for ease of use)

Post by Josh »

Most of the people I interact with in the IT world using computers day to day are age 40+, many are 60+ nearing retirement. I would say that the elderly, by now, are pretty familiar with computers.
0 x
lesterb
Affiliation: Western Fellowship

Post by lesterb »

Don't buy it. You can go to Costco or BestBuy and get one that good or better for half the money. It doesn't tell you but those systems almost always run a version of Linux. So you won't be able to run standard software on it.

If you want a computer, get one running Windows 10. And don't buy one with a Celeron CPU and just 2 GB of memory. Get an i5 CPU and at least 4 GB of memory, and preferably 8.

Those people are making a bundle of money. Taking a $250 computer, running a free Operating System, and packing it with freeware software. There should be a law against preying on gullible people like that....
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

lesterb wrote:Don't buy it. You can go to Costco or BestBuy and get one that good or better for half the money. It doesn't tell you but those systems almost always run a version of Linux. So you won't be able to run standard software on it.

If you want a computer, get one running Windows 10. And don't buy one with a Celeron CPU and just 2 GB of memory. Get an i5 CPU and at least 4 GB of memory, and preferably 8.

Those people are making a bundle of money. Taking a $250 computer, running a free Operating System, and packing it with freeware software. There should be a law against preying on gullible people like that....
many thanks!
i'm not in the market, but, i liked their marketing scheme.
this might help someone avoid needless expense. i hope so. :D
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN