VA plane crash

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

VA plane crash

Post by Ernie »

Can anyone explain to me why this plane turned around and came back over the US capitol building?

https://apnews.com/article/washington-v ... dede94524c
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: VA plane crash

Post by Ken »

Do you think someone here has some information that the AP reporters covering the story and the NTSB don't have?
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Ken wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:11 pm Do you think someone here has some information that the AP reporters covering the story and the NTSB don't have?
yeah, I thought there may be an airplane geek on here that understands autopilot systems. Finally found a topic you don't know much about. :-)
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

Ernie wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:12 pm
Ken wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:11 pm Do you think someone here has some information that the AP reporters covering the story and the NTSB don't have?
yeah, I thought there may be an airplane geek on here that understands autopilot systems. Finally found a topic you don't know much about. :-)
don't worry, ernie,
josh will know.
0 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Between ohio jones and electro-wiz, maybe some others, it’ll be covered.

“it is a weird”

i haven’t seen the pilot’s name. that seems odd. two young children on board.
it makes me remember Miriam Carey. “going after a mouse with an elephant gun.”

if the pilot had a heart attack, or other disabling problem, it may have been bound to crash.
seeing the fighter jets could have caused a heart attack.

innocent? or not?

viewtopic.php?t=4369
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

justme wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:18 pm
Ernie wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:12 pm
don't worry, ernie,
josh will know.
I learned of this news event from MennoNet. I don’t even have any idle speculation to offer, let alone informed anecdotes.
0 x
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

Ernie wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:09 pm Can anyone explain to me why this plane turned around and came back over the US capitol building?

https://apnews.com/article/washington-v ... dede94524c
My theory would be that the pilot may have planned to travel down to the VA/NC/TN or some other place in the south after dropping his passengers off in Long Island. If so he may have pre-programmed that next airport as a marker in autopilot. Normally he would have either hand-flown the landing and takoff in LI, or modified the autopilot route based on instructions from ATC. But if he lost consciousness before arriving in LI the jet would have potentially followed the programmed autopilot route on toward the next waypoint.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:33 pm Between ohio jones and electro-wiz, maybe some others, it’ll be covered.
Like Josh, this was news to me. The circumstances actually look quite a bit like MH 370, which nobody here has solved yet.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Moses
Affiliation: Jewish

Post by Moses »

ohio jones wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:30 am
temporal1 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:33 pm Between ohio jones and electro-wiz, maybe some others, it’ll be covered.
Like Josh, this was news to me. The circumstances actually look quite a bit like MH 370, which nobody here has solved yet.
Some of us are getting paid to not say everything we know about that one.
1 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Moses wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:43 am
ohio jones wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:30 am
Some of us are getting paid to not say everything we know about that one.
I watched so many conspiracy podcasts last week when I was home sick.... you could tell me it was aliens and I half believe it. Or US government skunk works :o
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!