VA plane crash

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: VA plane crash

Post by Grace »

0 x
electro-wiz
Affiliation:

Post by electro-wiz »

I think the most likely scenario is some sort of depressurization event that incapacitated all occupants. It seems the passengers likely had some knowledge of private flying, and would probably have been capable in that amount of time to figure out how to use the radios.

As far as why it turned around? Hard for me to say, avionics vary a lot on how they function. I have no experience with the avionics that would have been in this jet...but the theory that has been presented that it simply flew to the last point in the flight plan, and then went into heading mode seems plausible.
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

electro-wiz wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:10 am I think the most likely scenario is some sort of depressurization event that incapacitated all occupants. It seems the passengers likely had some knowledge of private flying, and would probably have been capable in that amount of time to figure out how to use the radios.

As far as why it turned around? Hard for me to say, avionics vary a lot on how they function. I have no experience with the avionics that would have been in this jet...but the theory that has been presented that it simply flew to the last point in the flight plan, and then went into heading mode seems plausible.
yes, that is what I am reading.
https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/ ... 288482007/

I'm still curious why the auto pilot was set to return to where it has taken off from (unless taken out of autopilot at the destination), but perhaps it is so that the plane does not continue on in a straight line out over the ocean.

We are in VA right now, close to where this happened.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
electro-wiz
Affiliation:

Post by electro-wiz »

I'm not sure if the flight plan shown on flightaware is the actual filed route or not. But if that is what they had in their GPS, then they basically continued their last heading after it reached the end of the flight plan. I think it is simply a coincidence that heading happened to take them back to the airport of departure.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

electro-wiz wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:34 am I'm not sure if the flight plan shown on flightaware is the actual filed route or not. But if that is what they had in their GPS, then they basically continued their last heading after it reached the end of the flight plan. I think it is simply a coincidence that heading happened to take them back to the airport of departure.
it dropped so fast. could that have been a deliberate crash/nosedive? it’s unnerving.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Grace wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:39 am https://www.youtube
There was an Air Force base near where i grew up.
Some of my earlist memories were of window-rattling sonic booms from practice flights.
It was part of normal.
0 x

UNKNOWN
electro-wiz
Affiliation:

Post by electro-wiz »

temporal1 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:54 am
electro-wiz wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:34 am I'm not sure if the flight plan shown on flightaware is the actual filed route or not. But if that is what they had in their GPS, then they basically continued their last heading after it reached the end of the flight plan. I think it is simply a coincidence that heading happened to take them back to the airport of departure.
it dropped so fast. could that have been a deliberate crash/nosedive? it’s unnerving.
Unlikely. Someone that is intending to crash a plane would be unlikely to fly this flight path, ignore the interception, and then put the aircraft into a spiraling dive.

More likely that it eventually ran out of fuel. Based on reserves it makes sense that they would have had about that amount of extra fuel. Once it ran out of fuel the auto pilot disengaged.
1 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

electro-wiz wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:03 pm
temporal1 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:54 am
Unlikely. Someone that is intending to crash a plane would be unlikely to fly this flight path, ignore the interception, and then put the aircraft into a spiraling dive.

More likely that it eventually ran out of fuel. Based on reserves it makes sense that they would have had about that amount of extra fuel. Once it ran out of fuel the auto pilot disengaged.
thanks.
it has all the earmarks of an innocent flight gone wrong.
thank God it wasn’t shot down.

i believe everything possible was being done to withhold fire. i do not envy fighter pilots.
0 x

UNKNOWN