Hotmail account full?

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Hotmail account full?

Post by steve-in-kville »

I've had a Hotmail email account for at least 20 years. Late last week I noticed I wasn't getting email, which is super rare. It's nothing to get well over 50 junk messages a day.

Anyway, logged on with the laptop and there is a message that I maxed out my storage. I spent the last two days deleting almost everything... over 5600 emails. I still get a message that I am still using 95% of my storage.

Any ideas? I never had this happen before.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Hotmail account full?

Post by Szdfan »

steve-in-kville wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:48 pm I've had a Hotmail email account for at least 20 years. Late last week I noticed I wasn't getting email, which is super rare. It's nothing to get well over 50 junk messages a day.

Anyway, logged on with the laptop and there is a message that I maxed out my storage. I spent the last two days deleting almost everything... over 5600 emails. I still get a message that I am still using 95% of my storage.

Gmail allows you to purchase extra storage because it stores your emails on the Google Drive. Is purchasing more space an option?
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

steve-in-kville wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:48 pm I've had a Hotmail email account for at least 20 years. Late last week I noticed I wasn't getting email, which is super rare. It's nothing to get well over 50 junk messages a day.

Are you also emptying your trash folder? When you delete them, they generally go in there, and still take up storage.

I have gmail, where you can do searches such as has:attachment with size parameters to see if there are emails with huge attachments taking up space as well. Not sure if you can do that with hotmail.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

Have you emptied your trash and sent mail? In gmail they delete trash every 30 days but if you have all those in trash it's still taking space and sent mail apparently is saved forever unless you delete it. I recently went in and deleted about 5000 sent mails and then went to trash to delete many= tho not all = of those
0 x
steve-in-kville

QuietlyListening wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:54 pm Have you emptied your trash and sent mail? In gmail they delete trash every 30 days but if you have all those in trash it's still taking space and sent mail apparently is saved forever unless you delete it. I recently went in and deleted about 5000 sent mails and then went to trash to delete many= tho not all = of those
Did all that. I have no idea where it all is.
0 x

QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

I understand your frustration. My iPhone keeps saying it can't back up anything, no more storage need to buy more but I've deleted all I can and truly I don't store much and have few apps. Not sure if it is real or a gimmick to get me to buy more storage. So far haven't a clue if they have or haven't backed things up as I haven't had a need to check.
0 x
steve-in-kville

QuietlyListening wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:25 pm Not sure if it is real or a gimmick to get me to buy more storage. So far haven't a clue if they have or haven't backed things up as I haven't had a need to check.
That was my first thought... I've never paid for email, ever.
0 x

steve-in-kville

I learned a few lessons today. As I mentioned, my Hotmail account was showing at 113% storage capacity. I delated 5700 files and it only brought it down to 95%. This morning I was back at 99% and I knew something had to be buried

I discovered an email from some years ago where I sent photos off to Walmart to be made into print photos. They have all long since been backed up from the original memory cards to an off-site computer hard drive. I deleted all them and all is good know.

Lesson learned.
1 x