Simple Video Editor

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Simple Video Editor

Post by Ernie »

I'm looking for a simple, good-working video editor for $50 or less. (prefer free) I don't want any of this free trial stuff or can't export unless paid version, etc. (unless the paid version is cheap.)

I normally use Windows Video Editor but it is not working for large files.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Simple Video Editor

Post by Bootstrap »

Have you looked at Handbrake?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Bootstrap wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:37 pm Have you looked at Handbrake?
I downloaded it. Not sure how to use it. May need some guidance.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Ernie wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:56 pm
What all do you need the video editor to do? Different video editors have different capabilities.

Handbrake is good for editing a sermon recording, cutting out the part you need, etc. If you need to splice video together, that might be something else, or there may be a way to do it with Handbrake. Regardless, knowing your needs would be helpful so I can ask people who know these things better than I do.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Bootstrap wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:35 pm
Ernie wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:56 pm
What all do you need the video editor to do? Different video editors have different capabilities.

Handbrake is good for editing a sermon recording, cutting out the part you need, etc. If you need to splice video together, that might be something else, or there may be a way to do it with Handbrake. Regardless, knowing your needs would be helpful so I can ask people who know these things better than I do.
All I need to do is cut, delete sections, add pauses or pictures between video sections, and then splice.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

If you have access to a Mac, the Apple Mac built in video tools are very easy to use.
0 x
Chris
Affiliation: Moderate / unaffil

Post by Chris »

Ernie wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:35 am I'm looking for a simple, good-working video editor for $50 or less. (prefer free) I don't want any of this free trial stuff or can't export unless paid version, etc. (unless the paid version is cheap.)

I normally use Windows Video Editor but it is not working for large files.
If you still need one kdenlive
0 x