Laptop Hard Drives

Where we talk about modern advancements like the abacus and printing press.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Laptop Hard Drives

Post by Ernie »

I recently removed a hard drive from an older laptop - Windows 7 I think, and put it in an external case intending to use it for backups as I've done with hard drives in the past.

This time I can only find "My Music" and not "My documents" or "My pictures". Can anyone tell me where I can find these files?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Re: Laptop Hard Drives

Post by Neto »

Ernie wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:43 pm I recently removed a hard drive from an older laptop - Windows 7 I think, and put it in an external case intending to use it for backups as I've done with hard drives in the past.

This time I can only find "My Music" and not "My documents" or "My pictures". Can anyone tell me where I can find these files?
Did it have a secondary drove installed? Often the user files are re-directed to the secondary drive (most commonly done when the primary drive is an SSD).

The actual location of your user files is usually (Windows default) at Users\{USER NAME}\. You might also set the File Explorer (Windows Explorer in Win 7) to show hidden files. (The folders you mention generally are NOT hidden, but it's possible.)
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.